Winter Olympics

auzmink

I wonder the same thing after all wearing fur in Russia is second nature and taken for granted. I was working in the Lake Placid area during the 1980 Olympics harvesting and selling fur. There was a fair share of people who wore and enjoyed fur during those games.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this thread is going well. I have sen lots of furry hood trims and stuff but not the power furs expected. I guess the weather had something to do with it...

Anyhow, I'll add this....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a533edb1c2426b2281285c72c206821b/tumblr_n133vfrx2z1r2dttro1_1280.jpg

Ok, ok, whats it got to do with the Olympics.....probably nothing but the ship in the background is called the 'Olympia' I think......so it will do...

Anyone else want to add???

Auzmink

I've found it totally disappointing as well. I think it must be that those from there are just so used to the weather that they don't feel the need to dress warmly with it "that warm". It is indeed strange!

auzmink:

I like the picture! Though the torn jeans don't fit for even cool weather. But hey, who am I to judge.

At any rate, because you mentioned the ship in the background was called the "Olympia", here is a trivia question for everyone:

What was Vasili Alexeev's wife's name?

Later!

JA

There was one Olympian who didn’t disappoint and never will; when it comes to wearing and being in love with of fur. As much as I love and value fur even I wouldn’t have thought to wear an iris mink fishing on a 62deg. day. But that is Johnny!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/johnny-weir-nbc-olympics-fashion/

I started to follow him in the 90’s and they shot a picture of him in his bedroom. Every piece of furniture in that room was covered in fur and his closet was packed tight with fur garments. I can only imagine what his home must look like now knowing how much Russians embrace fur as compared to the USA.

Not sure the coat nor the closet could cope with a fishy smell also.....but if you have enough furs, be out there...

Anyone else with Olympic photos found..

Auzmink