fur market for cars

paul2809

is there a market for furs for cars?? i wouldnt mind finding some fur a my car to keep warm in... does any one have fur in your car/truck??

I propose that wear and tear, cycles of heat and cold plus dirt and snow will take their toll on fur much faster than normal.

There's nothing wrong with having fur seat covers and other items in the car but be realistic about it.

Your car is part of your style and it is your right to outfit your car in whatever style you want. Just remember that such style won't come cheap.

If you are willing to bear the expense, more power to you!

Besides, isn't expense and showing it off part of the reason you would outfit a car in fur?

I think sheepskin covers for car seats, steering wheels and seat belt covers are great. Beyond that, it is wiser to spend the money on a fur throw or blanket and carry it during the travels for cozy moments:)

I tried a lamb fur steering wheel cover, but it was too slippery. Heated seats work great in my iceland. BMWs have heated steering wheels, which is really nice in the winter. I'm wondering those long haired fur seat covers won't work for tall people, their heads might reach to the car ceiling, it might cause some hair loss, and it's not safe when you hit a pothole on the road.......

I have seen fox skin seat covers on eBay from an Australian company. I tried fox fur once and was unhappy with the out come. Sliding in and out of a car seat pulls on the hairs of furs like fox or mink for example and that will quickly ruin furs that soft. I own both a Chevy Avalanche and a Dakota pick-up. Both of them have sheepskin seat covers. The Dakota is 10+ years old and the sheepskin seat covers are still soft, warm and comfortable. I do not like fur steering wheel covers they get dirty fast and the sweat from your hands over time gives them a foul odor.

I have to agree with Samurman

" I think sheepskin covers for car seats, steering wheels and seat belt covers are great. Beyond that, it is wiser to spend the money on a fur throw or blanket and carry it during the travels for cozy moments:)"

As has been stated before, "friction is the enemy of most furs". Sheepskin is more durable as Coyote 1 has noticed, and thus more appropriate for seat covers where a lot of friction can occur. That said I can clearly see where one might desire mink, fox, beaver, or similar furs on vehicle seats.