Fur season has finally arrived in Alicante

MrMockle

Hello everyone,

I'm sure that for most of you, the annual fur spotting season has been in swing for a few weeks now. Thankfully for me, fur season seems have arrived in Alicante at long last. The temperature dropped significantly in the last couple of days and I saw six or seven women in mink coats or jackets around town yesterday afternoon and evening which was very pleasing. Looks like this cold snap is due to stay for a few days at least so as long as the rains hold off I'll keep a look out for more.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Afternoon everyone,

A quick update for anyone who is interested. It's been a cool week here again although only properly cold late into the night. Luckily though there have been a few furs around although little all that special. One pleasing trend though has been a fairly good number of younger and middle aged women wearing real fur gillets and vests around Alicante. Many are rabbit or coney ones, but there were some knitted rabbit and knitted mink ones, several trimmed in tanuki and fox and a couple of nice fox ones too. Spotted a few mink coats and jackets and a couple of vintage ocelot or spotted cat jackets and strollers as well, but no doubt there will be many more of those and a few foxes and other longer haired furs to come as Christmas approaches.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

its pretty darn cold here in the Texas Hill Country here in the US states..... been seing alot of faux fur lately..... saw one lady in a western straw felt hat and full lenght brown mink at the mall earlier and she looked good in it as well....

Hello everyone,

A further quick update. A few more fur sightings since early Saturday and seeing a few fox jackets around now plus more gillets and vests, including some fox ones on young Russian and Spanish women, but yet to see the long minks come out regularly. However we're in a few wet days so may not see too much for a little bit sadly.

One sighting alone was worth a special mention which I might also make in another post here later in the week: there was on elegant blonde lady walking around in a full length fur coat, which I couldn't quite work out what sort of fur it was. The closest description I could come up with is "lioness": it was a pale yellow/off white colour, with pale darker spots - maybe black or brown but not that sharp so maybe a vintage piece. At first I thought it might have been a type of lynx, but the hairs seemed shorter; then maybe a spotted cat fur like ocelot, lippi or Geffrey(?) cat, but the hairs seemed too long for that and the spots seemed far too pale even for a vintage piece. Could be dyed rabbit maybe - seen a few spotted ones of those in my time but never in that shade. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Of course, on the off chance I see her around again, I'll try to ask her.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Fur season arrived yesterday with a vengeance....6 inches of snow, 12 degrees F last night. More snow forecasted and single digits F tonight.

My wife and I broke out our furs and went to dinner last night. She in her F/L Coyote/White Fox hooded coat and I in my Arctic Wolf Jacket. We're going for a carriage ride on Sat. night. She'll wear her F/L Silver Fox and I'll wear my Silver Fox Parka.

We might even hit the Nutcracker Ballet dressed to the nines in our high-end furs. Setting the trend around here.

Cheers!

FurBob

All,

A quick update. A couple of warmer days and evenings have returned to Alicante although the colder ones beforehand were lovely and they are due to return again overnight in time for a long holiday weekend in Spain. Seeing between 10 and 30 furs most days here now and yes the longer minks are out more regularly now, including some floor length black and white mink coats too. The evening services at bigger churches seems to bring the longer minks out too - can see several at those and hopefully more during the services for the Immaculate Conception on Sunday (I think). Few more fox vests and gilets as well on younger women which is also good to see. Nothing else really spectacular though of late but keeping my eyes peeled.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Hello again everyone,

A quick catch-up update from the last seven days or so here in Alicante.

The end of last week and this weekend proved to be pretty good ones for fur spotting, being colder and drier still although warmer and occasionally wetter weather returned from Monday so this week so far has been fairly quiet. Last Thursday saw a special late shopping night in my part of town and among the shoppers and dinners out enjoying their night were a few women in their 20s and 30s in fur jackets, some of whom I later found had posted photos from the evening on their Twitter and Instagram feeds. The holiday Friday proved pretty quiet but the Saturday was a cold and busy shopping day and fur numbers where pretty good, including a handful of nice fox jackets among the minks and rabbits around. Some longer minks were out over the weekend too: floor length black and white mink coats around too which were delightful sights. More minks around on the holiday Sunday as well plus a few rabbit furs, a raccoon jacket and a nice hooded lynx jacket too.

Been noticably more mild and damper since the weekend though and far fewer furs around. I've still seen a handful each day but mostly older women in shorter minks or younger women in rabbit gilets and vests but the occasional longer mink or fox jacket too. Looks like remaining mild and cloudy if not wet until early next week but fingers crossed for more and better sightings as next week progresses.

Hope you are all seeing nice furs around too.

Regards,

Mr Mockle