Hi all! Some news!

Foxb

Hi all - how are things? Summer's closing here - nearly fur time!

I've been away for ages! Unfortunately I've experienced some trying times in my personal life, coupled with some very nice times (such as my graduation).

I know some of you were interested in my progress designing fur and I thought you might be keen to know the news that I've been featured in InFur magazine:

033dc08a-ff2f-4cc4-8eca-5f6e1e7bc91a_zps0c9a7576.jpg

Having that drop through my door was pretty exciting! Do any of you get copies of this magazine?

As a celebration, I have also ordered my very first fox fur coat... pics to follow at some point. The coat is crystal fox. I realise that this is a dyed fur and I was initially more interested in obtaining a blue fox colour, or maybe a silver fox, but I think that the crystal is very versatile, will make my red hair stand out (but not clash) and it will go with everything. I am excited that I'm actually going to be warm this winter. I have a short rabbit fur coat, but I can tell that this fox is going to be a lifesaver!

Hi Foxb. Thanks for the heads up about the magazine which I didn't know existed. I've just bought the issue you refer to and will peruse it later. Well done in being included!

Wow!!

This is better than any silly old contest!

Absitively, posolutely fan-freakin-tastic! " title="Applause" />

One of our people makes good!

Foxb,

CONGRATULATIONS

I think your choice of crystal fox is a wise one. As you probably know blue fox, or any white fur, which can look terrific when new tends to oxidize and turn an unpleasant yellow over time and especially if overexposed to sunlight.

Enjoy your new fur.

Thank you for the kind words!

dongleboy: It's a magazine with a good overall picture of 'high fashion' fur trends and plenty of nice photos - I hope you enjoy the issue. I've had the last three issues now.

I'm glad I've picked crystal fox too - it's not a colour I see very often, and I think it's a nice, versatile way to wear fox. I had to be aware when I was purchasing the garment that I do live in the north of England, where this type of fur is sadly unusual - actually, any fur is unusual! I am certain to get a lot of funny looks wearing it, but I don't care! As such though, I chose to get one that is just above the knee - as much as a longer one would be nice, it wouldn't fit with my current lifestyle.

I do actually have a nice blue fox pelt - I was going to make it into a scarf (I would either line it or use a cut and pull-through technique I learned at a fur workshop to make it furry on both sides) or a headband. I haven't decided yet!

I'm not sure if I showed you all my collection on the London catwalk - if I didn't, here it is: http://foxbane.deviantart.com/art/Graduation-Fashion-Collection-388157490

Foxb...

First off. I noticed your first post here about some things in your personal life being "Trying Times"! I know how trying those times can be. Hope things are going better now. Boyfriend problems. Family problems. Friends. Things can be so good and suddenly seem so upside down!

It is, as others have said, so great to hear of what you have accomplished. You are well on the way with your life, and that means so much. We could all tell how much "Design" meant to you! It should be your life. It IS your life. And now you are indeed very much on your way with that. And that is so great to hear. Of all of the people that you know in life it may be that only half of those people ever really obtain that. Believe me. That comes from an old guy who has watched such things many times. And you have already been able to start your life off on such a successful goal.

As for your new jacket. I don't imagine anyone here would be interested in that! ha ha haaaaaaaaa! It is so great to hear that. Go out and wear it with pride. You have earned that. You will look great in it. Crystal is a great colour for a younger person like you. Like AK said, blue can tend to turn into a bad colour easily, and it really is about the worst colour for that. White is as bad, but the yellow on the blue just really does not work. Crystal will look fantastic on you. And remember, that once you have worn the jacket among your friends and others for awhile they will just accept it instantly when you show up in a full length blue, or white, or lynx or what ever.

This is all such great news. So glad you came to share it with us!

W

Firstb, congratulations! We are all looking forward to your progress in the fashion world. I am sure a very bright career awaits you.

Crystal fox is a favorite of mine, though several months ago, when I inquired here about crystal fox, I was told by our experts that it is not as fashionable these days as it was in the 80s. What prompted my inquiry was that I was looking at the Saga furs web site, and could not find crystal fox in their offerings.

Actually, I am going to have a crystal fox coat custom made for me in a few months! I have been planning for this for a long time. In spring, I spotted a gorgeous women's full length crystal fox coat auction on ebay. The coat could easily fetch more than $1000, but somehow I ended up winning the auction for less than $300! It's a near mint coat. Sadly, it featured spiral sleeves, which is a no in my book, and a bit tight on me, though it has a full pelt shawl collar. So I bought a full length sleeveless crystal fox for alterations. Now, it is up to the experienced hands of my furrier to combine these two into a great men's fur coat for me!

Could you elaborate a bit on the ordering process for your coat? What is the source of the pelts? Have you had a chance to select them yourself? Will it be made in the UK, or abroad? (Italy? Greece?)

I have ambivalent feelings about wearing fur hats made from the same pelts as the coat, but when I think of crystal fox, these hats are incredibly beautiful, what do you think?

http://www.arctic-store.com/boyaryshnia-russian-luxe-full-fur-hat-crystal-fox-type-2.html#

http://www.arctic-store.com/davy-crockett-full-fur-hat-with-tail-crystal-fox-v2.html#

Foxb,

Many congratulations on your feature in InFur. I hope the piece leads to bigger and better things for your with your designs.

Enjoy your new fur too. It's always great to buy a new fur, whether brand new or second hand, and the anticipation of awaiting a new delivery is especially worth it if the garment proves to be something wonderful. Crystal fox is a very special fox too.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Mr Mockle's Models in Furs

Bit pushed for time at the moment but I took a quick pic, I might take some better ones soon. It's in the gallery!

Thank you again for all the kind words folks.

Wow, you look fantastic! Congratulations on your success with the magazines and I must say that you chose a perfect way of celebrating it with buying that jacket!

I'm really happy for you!

I'm with Aldhissla, the coat is GORGEOUS! I'm envious!

But most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS on your magazine article!! That's fantastic! Your career is taking off! I think everyone here knew you would make the big time! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

All the best Foxb!

Jack

Edited by Guest

Bit pushed for time at the moment but I took a quick pic, I might take some better ones soon. It's in the gallery!

Thank you again for all the kind words folks.

Lovely photo,Foxb. I live in a big University city in the North and have seen a LOT of young women wearing real fur these last couple of years. (Everything from rabbit to Russian sable!) The fear and stigma seems to have all but subsided.

Long may it continue.

Hey, your hair does have just a tiny tinge of red to it doesn't it!

What a great photo and a great jacket!

Folks, remember to click one extra time for the large photo. Then use Control and plus to enlarge or what ever similar keys your computer uses to do that.

So glad that you posted!

W

First of all, Foxb, let me congratulate you on the success you're having in your career! The feature in InFur is a huge plus! I also loved the pic of you in your new coat! It's beautiful - It becomes you!

Congratulations, both on your magazine article and your new coat. It looks awesome on you, goes great with the boots and jeans. and really works with your hair colour (I am a big fan of red head girls, my wife has a similar colour). The crystal fox is a lighter colour than I expected, a bit more of a lighter silver than other crystal fox I have seen. Looks great, as do you x

You look sensational! The coat looks great and at that half length, it is very practical-you could wear it everywhere, even to the farmer's market on a cold day:) The photo is not large enough, but from what I could make out, the fox type seems closer to the cross fox or even tanuki-wolf colours&patterns. The classical crystal foxes of the 80s had more red hues and honey colours in them, but since crystal is a dyed colour, not a natural one, it could be made in many different ways.

• 1 month later...

Hi Foxb dear! Good job!!! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I have been busy riding all summer, missed all the fur news.