FFG?

Fox

Only thing I have been able to get from there today is a new hhmmmmmmmm you know, that little icon that appears on your bookmarks row (at least in Firefox).

DO find it rather curious in that it is down at the same time my puter picked up summat which caused my gadgets to vanish from my screen and also locked me out of certain folders. Of course there probably is no connection, but ......

As Worker mentions it does happen once in awhile. They have a fair bit of X rated material on their site as everyone knows, and I think that makes them an especially large target for spammers.

However, I think mostly that with a site that large they just have to do fairly major upgrades once in awhile. And, reloading/repairing that much material is not that easy.

They will likely be back within 48 hours

No time here to check out their other sites to see if they are all down or not. Maybe some links there would work better now.

Thanks Worker, that was the word I was looking for. Yes, they did have a black heart, but when I sorta got through yesterday it had changed... or rather a changed favicon was added to my bookmarks bar: two red vertical lines.

So, it may be a mojor upgrade... orrrr....

yes, I ffg did say it was down because of maintaince and would be down! But in the past the site stayed up aways as the maintence was going on so hoping NO viruses or anti-fur hackers have put it out for good!! the it be war!! should ahold of Cookie! and see what is really happening!!

All,

Come on guys: let's have a bit of patience and perspective here and not just speculate and rage.

I, like most of you who are not connected to the running of that forum, have no idea why it is down, how it went down and when it will be back up. Most likely we will never know - and we may not need to know. All sorts of things can happen, not just maliciously but accidentally or incidentally, so let's just wait and see. It is not a huge mulitnational company with hoards of staff working around the clock on it; much like here, it has a handful of keen administrators working when they can - usually around their day jobs and social commitments - to do the maintenance, updates, changes and fixes. All such forums and sites have downtimes and maintenance - this one included - and with a few minor exceptions they all come back before too long. It has been down before and come back - and no doubt it will be down again and come back. Indeed by the time you read this post, it may already be back up and running.

There are other fur forums around - as you know or you wouldn't be reading this one - so if you have something to share with others why not share it here, or elsewhere on a like-minded site?

Regards,

Mr Mockle

I saw the site was down for manitence and the furfashionguide logo but the site is totally down! so it is still there yes i'm sorry and will have faith and NOT give in too rumors you are right mr. mocke!! my apologies!

As one who DOES maintain a website including message boards and etc, I can tell you that unless one is maintaining a site as part of their professional job, it is difficult and tedious to provide reasonable advance notice, and a "Site down for maintenance" page while the site is being maintained, re-organized, or re-built. Most hobby admins skip the niceties and just do the maintenance. Frequent users of the site will just try again later.

Mr M is correct. Give them time. They will be back.

In the mean time feel free to use our site here. It is indeed nice to welcome some old friends back again!

Remember how some rebuilds kept this site down for days? It happens. Just part of the site tech's job folks.