Fuzzy ?

mailonfurs

Hey all,

I am trying to think of a name for a side project of mine with some accessories.

what does Fuzzy really mean?

If someone says "fuzzy furs" does it sound ok?

The word "fuzzy" often connotes the meaning "unclear," "confused" or "unkempt."

If you say, "The picture is fuzzy," that means that your image is out of focus or indistinct.

a fuzzy picture: blurry, blurred, indistinct, unclear, bleary, misty, distorted, out of focus, unfocused, lacking definition, nebulous; ill-defined, indefinite, vague, hazy, imprecise, inexact, loose.

If you say, "My mind is fuzzy," that means you are confused.

my mind was fuzzy: confused, muddled, addled, fuddled, befuddled, groggy, disoriented, disorientated, mixed up, fazed, foggy, dizzy, stupefied, benumbed.

If you say, "My hair is fuzzy," that means that there are loose hairs sticking out.

her fuzzy hair: frizzy.

However, "fuzzy" can also mean:

fluffy, woolly; downy, soft

Since you are talking about fur and most people would associate the feel or look of fur with the words, "fluffy," "downy" or "soft" you would be technically correct in using the word "fuzzy."

In my opinion, if you are using the word, "fuzzy," in an informal or playful way, you would be all right.

Hi

Something old came to mind a 1944 song that has.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear

Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,was he?

That what i though of even though i was born 7 years later. Ti's almost a tungue twister.

I thought of "Fuzzy Things" for a name.

Furup

thanks worker

your answer was as always very well put and explained. Does anyone else agree? anyone with any objections on the name sounding weird, stupid, confusing etc?

As a woman, fuzzy is not something that I connect as positive. Not as strong as frizzy, but similar. But, maybe that is just me.-

Been thinking about this. I think that I would connect "Fuzzy" as more slightly tangled. And maybe more in connection with wool garments than fur. Fur to me is more "Straight" where fuzzy is more "Bent" and "Entwined and Woven" threads.

Just a thought.