Okay I will try a way around this miss Lupin

Guest touchofsable

Apparently, one of the most beautiful women in the world is banned from here!

I assume its because her name sounds like a bottom.

Its Arsene Lupin. I cant even open the other post.

Its a common European name , yet obviously its a swear word in the USA.

I discoverd this earlier as I tried to post a pic link of her in white fox on the smoking bit of off topic.

Her name is: A R

S E N

E

And I was wondering if anyone lese has shots of her in fur. Enjoy that one if you go to the site that the Ann margaret smoking in Lynx is at.

Does this mean we cant mention Arsene Wenger the football manager, or Arsenal football club?

HAHAHA

You have to be kidding me!!!!

One of the most famous football clubs in Britain is BANNED!!????

Well maybe thats not a bad idea............there was an anti fur comment in one of their fanzines once!!!!

For those of you who are wondering what I am talking about Its:

A R

S

E N A L F.C.

"The Gunners" banned from a forum! That s newsworthy!!!!!

You got censored in that post too.

Not sure if it's an a r s e thing or not though. Guess it is because arsenic (the poison) a r s e nic doesn't work either. Odd because I know you read my other post and that didn't get censored.

Could an admin please tell me that this is a ----ing joke (self-censored for effect)? If it's not, I fear for the direction of this community! Touch, could you please send me the image PM.

Folks there are indeed some banned words here. I just want you to ask yourself this one question. Would it be a *****ing joke if The New Den was taken down by the server for problems the way the old Den at Melody was? That was in good part because of one word. "Yongster". Believe it or not. It is true. That one word went a long way to Melody being down for something like 10 days.

If you think there are words here that should not be banned, please let us know. However, as you will see in the movie list there are ways to get around it as long as the use of that word is legit. We do not take kindly to folks who get around it in improper circumstances though. The two strike policy comes into affect there.

W

Darn, i was going to start a topic on William Shakespeare, but B*tt*m appears in A Midsummer's Night Dream (or one of his plays)

Okay I can understand the youth reference. But whatever happen to context? And by the way, I went back and looked for this "censored word list" which is referenced in the CoC. Where does that reside? I also looked in the FAQ. Didn't see it there either. Please advise.

The censored word is a synonym for gluteus maximus.

It looks like the system pARSEs the bad word out of the name.

At this point, there are 11 banned words. I have no problem whatsoever showing them to anyone, but it must be by email. Putting a list of words like that together in one place in public view would be suicide. They are in an area that admins only can visit. Also, you might want to know that the words are there because of complaints of members due to their use.

If you wish to see them just email me and I will forward them to you.

You might think this is strange. But, go right now to the Wool site of the old Den.

They are being stocked again. Fodder like that would be just what our provider would need to bow to the same people.

W

Please email the "censored word list." I also would like to know if this is static or can it be expanded? I am not trying to be a troublemaker, just want to know the boundaries of the PC wordsmiths!

The list is on it's way. Yes, the list can be altered either up or down. We just need reasons as to why you think it should be altered. These are all of course on the list due to multiple complaints of people. So, we just need reasons to over ride these complaints.

W

I would rather not weigh in on a topic like this, but I don't want the mods and admins to think that the responses above speak for everyone. My view: You guys run the site, you provide it for our enjoyment, we accept the rules and boundries you set, or we start our own site with our own rules. I don't think we should overreact and resort to name-calling.

Gee, I thought we were just having a discussion. I reread the thread twice and didn't see anyone call anyone names, except for my rather nebulous mention about "PC wordsmiths," which wasn't directed at anyone. I am very appreciative of all of the work that is being done by the folks that run this site and if I didn't enjoy it, I would go somewhere else. As a member of this group. I have always enjoyed the diversity of opinions and perspectives. The admins say that people have complained about certain words and I am complaining about people who complain about word usuage without considering context. Is my opinion less valid? Didn't mean to go off a rant, just wanted to discuss the possibility of ignoring some complaints about words unless they have real merit, such as the "Yongster" reference. However, does that mean that there could not be references to Neil Young, Kid Rock etc... if someone were to complain. Sounds ludicrous, right! See apparently banned word "Youngster." BTW, while youngster can mean a child, it can also mean someone who is younger than someone else. I am 40 and to a 70 year old, I might be called a "youngster." Context. Context. Context.

Not sure why you did not receive the list of banned words as I sent it right after I saw your request. 2 days back maybe? If you have a second email, please pm it to me and I will forward to that email as well.

I'll look for the request and try to send it again.

First off the word Youngster is not banned. Also, remember that some (most?) of these words have nothing to do with sex.

I am way behind right now but I will try to get back to you and resend the banned words tonight.

Again, some of the words we might well think of removing from the list if a number of people asked us to do it. However, you instantly will see why some of them never will be when your read the list. These have nothing watever to do with sex.

W

foxfan,

If you consider freedom of speech and expression to be a molehill, that certainly is your perogative. I can understand why you might say that, because what's a few words that really are inconsequential? But if it starts, where does it stop. ANSWER: It doesn't. Not to sound alarmist, but it will just keep growing and broadening. Without someone fighting the small stuff years and years ago, do you think you would be enjoying this Web site about fur fetish now? How long do you think it will take before someone complains about 'those weird people' at thefurden.com who have a fetish for fur. If you don't fight the small battles, you stand no chance of winning the war.

But why fight battles when we're already on the same side? Why create conflict? "Freedom of speech" is great, but we have to follow the rules of our hosts. Just like being invited into somebody's house: you follow the rules of the host.