“Animal Rights” Activist Calls For Hit On Fur-Wearing Person

FrBrGr

A vicious domestic terrorist who fancies herself as a protector of animals has been arrested after trying to hire a hit man to kill a random person she saw wearing fur. The would-be contract murderer is a 27-year old woman from Cleveland named Meredith Lowell who solicited a murderer for hire using Facebook.

Using a fake name and a fake Facebook page, Lowell offered up to $850 to anyone who would shoot or slit the throat of a fur wearer without warning and completely at random.

Maybe someone from the Left can explain why the “Animal Rights” movement is not guilty of producing this woman who is part of them, yet we, as a country, and specifically all supporters of the Second Amendment, are guilty of producing Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’ shooter.

In this “animal liberator” plan, a hired assassin, who would kill a fur-wearer in Northeast Ohio, would strike "the same kind of blow for freedom that our fighting men struck when they liberated the poor staving human inmates of Hitler’s concentration camps during World War II."

When Lowell posted her solicitation on Facebook, the FBI went into action. She initially wrote, “I would like to create an online community on facebook whi8ch [sic] would allow me to find someone who is willing to kill someone wearing fur toward the end of October 2011 or early November 2011 or possibly in January 2012 or February 2012 at the latest.”

In her negotiations with the “hit man” (actually an FBI agent), Lowell specified that she wanted to be there when the murder took place so she could distribute papers to onlookers afterward. She also said she wanted to get out of the home she shares with her parents and brothers because they eat meat and eggs as well as wear fur leather and wool.

During her conversations with her “hit man,” Lowell tried to bargain the price down, saying she could only afford $730.00. However, when the price was somewhat settled, she advised her killer he should “…bring a gun that has a silencer on it and that can be easily concealed in your pants pocket or coat.” She also told him to “not wear anything that even remotely looks like fur. If you do not want to risk the possibility if getting caught with a gun before the job, bring a sharp knife that is at least 4 inches long.”

The most chilling instruction from Lowell was, “I am paying you to kill one person wearing fur who is 12 or older (but hopefully at least 14 years however 12 years old or older is fine.)”

Why is this case different from the Giffords/Jared Loughner case? Why are “Animal Rights” activists not guilty of creating Lowell, a woman who is deeply connected to them, but we who support the right to bear arms in this country are guilty of creating Jared Lee Loughner, a low-life who has no connection to us?

She went on to specify that she wanted the person “to be dead in less than 2 minutes (under 2 minutes or 1 minute or less would be better.)”

She went on to write that “I plan on staying after the hit for reasons of benefit to the movement. And I think being caught would actually benefit me personally.”

FrBrGr, you beat me to it, but I am so glad! You are exactly right! I'll bet that these groups will come out soon saying "Oh we do not condone murder, but we understand completely and even support her basic thoughts" or something like that. Just wait!

I am so glad that the FBI got there first!

W

What a scary story......

Clearly this person must have a connection if not spiritual to one of these extremist organisations.

Thank goodness for the intervention....may she rot in jail for a very long time.

Auzmink

I think the right thing happened in this case.

The general public needs to see just how CREEPY PeTA members are and they need to see how far these people are willing to go in order to promote their creepy agenda.

The debate about wearing fur has been going on for years, long before PeTA came along. In the past, if people didn't like fur they just didn't buy any. If they felt truly upset by people who wear fur they just didn't associate with those people. That's the way it should be.

Since the rise of organizations like PeTA, the whole issue has been polarized to such an extent that it becomes an all-out battle instead of a matter of personal choice. These extremist groups do things like this, not for the advancement of their ostensible issue but for their own financial gain.

PeTA is like an arms dealer who sells guns and bombs to both sides in a civil war. The dealer makes money while the warring factions blow the hell out of each other. In just the same way, PeTA laughs all the way to the bank. What's worse, they enlist other people such as the crazy woman in this news article to join their cause.

PeTA cares NOTHING about the woman who was jailed for attempted murder. They only care that her story promotes their monetary agenda. People are chattel, as far as PeTA is concerned. They don't care whether their "members" live or die. They only want money and publicity.

I think there are two things that need to come out of this story:

1) People need to know that, if they try to pull any crap such as this woman, they'll end up in federal prison just like she did. They need to know that they could end up on death row if they were to actually succeed. We, as people who know the real face of PeTA, need to make the general public understand that PeTA is not what they pretend to stand for. They need to know that PeTA is a farcical group of extremists.

2) We need to be critical of PeTA, their message and all that they stand for. We need to lampoon them at every opportunity. We need to treat PeTA like the citizens of "A Brave New World", the novel by Aldous Huxley, treated John the Savage. They made him look silly and they treated him as an outcast and, eventually, sent him into exile.

We need to make would be PeTA sympathizers know that, like John the Savage, PeTA are little more than a bunch of outcasts who deserve nothing but derision and to be treated as outcasts.

We need to make sure that these stories are publicized, to make sure that the general public sees the real face of PeTA, to make sure that they see what kind of radical psychopaths they really are. We need to make fun of PeTA and deride them at every turn.

Promoting this story is, in my opinion, a great way to do that.

That is very disturbing to say the least. I hadn't read about that before...

At least they tend to leave us alone up here. I'd hate to see the reaction that woman would have to something like Fur Rondy or the fur auction they have during the North American Open Sled Dog Races. You can't put out hits on the majority of a population in an area.

What a sick individual. Technically humans ARE animals, so isn't she going against the whole movement to begin with?