Trip to NYC

furfan

Hello fellow fur lovers. I'm planing a trip to NY this week to shop the great fur district. Is there any special fur shop anyone can think of where I could visit and not have to hide my fetish love of furs? I believe I've seen posts in the past of suggestions but couldn't find it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Would love to be able to talk fur openly with a furrier who understands. I will have a fun, fur filled day!

I don't know know what you're looking for... Furriers are business people. I doubt very many would have the time or frankly the inclination to listen to a person explain how much s/he loves fur... I mean loves fur... I mean really, really loves fur. Let's get back to the old golden rule - treat people the way that you'd like to be treated. Go into the store, feel free to browse around, make it clear that you're looking for a fur for yourself (don't go into the details of how you'd 'use' it, that's no one's business except yours), try some on and above all, treat the furrier and his staff with courtesy and respect.

FLinFL

My experience is that most furriers and their staff do NOT understand the fur fetish be it sexual or otherwise. But like all retailers, they are keenly interested in selling their products. If you have an idea of what you might want, ask if they have anything like that. But as FLinFL stated, DO NOT say anything about using it for other than as a piece of clothing.

You will get a friendlier reaction from the sales staff if you act truly interested in finding something to buy rather than just browsing their store with no interest in buying.