Fisher Fur

imricardito

Hi Folks,

For my next fur coat, I have my sites set on using fisher fur. My problem is I don't know anything about the use of this fur and want to be an informed buyer if I have a coat made. Is there anyone out here that knows much about using this fur? I see some really stunning fisher coats online, and then some really awful.....so i know there can be big differences of quality and how it's used. Anything anyone knows would be helpful in efforts knowing what to ask & look for. There are many tips available to make a smart mink purchase, but none that I can find for fisher.

Thanks kindly.

I am not an expert, but from my understanding, fisher is a wild fur, not farmed and this greatly limits its supply. Furthermore, this would also mean it exhibits a lot more variation in terms of quality and fur characteristics, such as the color and hue variations, guard hair density etc. I have tried a number of fisher furs last month, and some of them were exceptionally beautiful. Yet, I felt that one or two coats I tried had waited far too long on the showroom floor. One more thing, fisher fur pelts seem to be quite heavy as compared to mink.

I think that maybe the light weight of Mink is at the expense of hide thickness.

It is currently scrapped much thinner than they use to be.

It may be the Fisher hides are more substantial?

OFF

yeah, i have read that fisher is a pretty durable so the hide must be substantial....this is just one of the things that makes fisher appealing to me.