Rugby......game of the Gods....

auzmink

Just thought I'd like to Welcome our Northern Hemi competitors to the World competition.

Well done to Canada in the last match.

Well done to the USA in their last match....

but the rest is yet to come............

Auzmink

I'll try to keep an eye out for the World Rugby Championships. I went to Cal. A perennial powerhouse in rugby. I would be surprised if there are former Cal players on some of the teams in the World Championships.

GO BEARS!

When are the games?

John Cleese once described rugby as "similar to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds for five minutes of you banal ‘commercial messages’ or wearing full kevlar body armour like nannies".

[quoteJohn Cleese once described rugby as "similar to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds for five minutes of you banal ‘commercial messages’ or wearing full kevlar body armour like nannies". ]

You mean like American football was like 80 years ago

One Quarterback had a big handle attached to his back so the front linemen could grab it and toss him over the opposing linemen. That's creative sports. " title="Applause" />

OFF

I think both of the above statements are correct. The one thing we can't account for is the SPEED and POWER of today's athletes. I think the "ruggers" are just plain TOUGHER!

At any rate, I watched the South African Namibia match highlights. I like to root for the underdog. That was painful...86-0!

OOGY OOGY OOGY EH EH EH!

BIG match coming up....Auzzie vs USA I believe....tonight.......

Wonder if it might be close????????

Auzmink

(PS just for the record, I live in Auz, but I support the English.....)