About meeting in fur

fourrureclub

Hi friends,

well, I've not found if meetings (I mean meetings like "conventions") allready took place among fur fetichists community.... (feel free to tell me if it does), but here in France we're about to launch the third one (january 2012) !

I wanted to share with you how was the two first FourrureClub's Convention (2009 and 2010), so I wrote 2 reviews here and here :

http://www.fourrureclub.com/blog/rencontre-annuelle-la-convention-du-fourrureclub/la-convention-n%c2%b01/

http://www.fourrureclub.com/blog/rencontre-annuelle-la-convention-du-fourrureclub/la-convention-n%c2%b02/

The menu can also be found on the home page of our blog here : http://www.fourrureclub.com/blog/

Hope you like, maybe we'll meet in january !

(for now, infos about the next one are posted in this thread : http://www.fourrureclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3434)

Wow! I love those two hooded blue foxes in the first link. And the hooded coyote. And the light coloured lynx is gorgeous!

I would love to go but such a long way to travel with prices the way that they are I am afraid it will have to wait. But some day, just maybe!!!

We have had folks try to organize something like that here but they have just never gotten off the ground. One time a member did a survey. Asked how many people would come and of course almost everyone said "Yes". He went out and spent his money to hold hotel rooms, and then no one registered. After them saying that they would. It is so great that you were able to actually get things going there.

Sure wish I could make it and sure hope that some from here can. Looks like a fur lover's dream!

W

Congratulations for arranging such an event! This is the kind of things that has gone through my mind a lot of times, to be able to meet others and talk freely about our love of fur. And of course get to chance to wear some of the magnificent furs that everyboy here has in their closets!

Thanks for your support, friends !

I thought someone also made it, like we did... but I discover we seem to be the first ! Wooow... Vive la France, land of fur lovers

So fourrureclub, for those of us who do not speak French, what can you tell us about the convention?

You meet in a big house near Paris for 3 days in January?

Everyone can bring as many of their furs as they like?

Boys and girls most welcome?!

How many people attend the conventions?

Well, of course it needs lot of time to prepare... we rent a big big luxury house around Paris which is easier for anyone to access. We order food by what we call a "traiteur" (no cooking to do), we buy champagne, and everyone meets on saturday afternoon. The house gets lots of bedrooms, it's like a great holiday renting house but with snow and cold weather instead of sand and sun

Everyone brings the furs he loves, the furs he wants to make others discover, or furs he wants to share with others. Everything is a matter of "sharing" attitude. First time we were 9, and 15 second time. We plan to be 25 on January 2012, remaining in Paris area but maybe moving to Bretagne (west of France) or mountains in the south east the next year... You should see that once in your life, the house looks like a dream fur closet in some minutes, as everyone unloads the trunk of his cars in the living room and in the bedrooms. Every sort of fur is here, in every kind of shape... from feet to the head you can nearly wear fur on every square centimeter of your skin. The week end looks like a great kindergarten, but with fur lovers trying furs, caressing furs, and photographing each others. No sex, but impromptu amateur fashion shows, lively discussions, laughs, no judgement from each others, it's a unique moment in the life of a fur fetishist. Last year, Maitresse Fourrure did a hot show, nude under her fox, it was quite arousing

This year I'm planning to allow those who want to go further to do it, reserving a comfortable room for them. We'll see how it can be possible...

Anyway, a member came from Hungary, another from Swirzerland, this year, I think belgians could come... this year we're planning some surprises, I thing it could become the pilgrimage of any furlover

I can see the benefit of expanding now that you have gotten a start. The problem here I think has been that we tend to be so widely spread due to all being "English". The fact you are French helps you to keep it a bit more local and thus in turn to have it more "personal" and thus have more members want to attend.

Now that you've had a good start, you can begin to "spread your wings" a bit!

Sure hope to see some more photos of this year's event. Looking forward to it!

W

I'll tell you when the 3rd review will be online

Waiting this, members of the Club should receive information mails from time to time about the event to allow everyone to tell if he'll be here or not...

It sounds great. I am tempted. Do you know exactly when in January?

It would be great to do it in the mountains. I presume it is colder there?

Is everyone able to communicate with each other - do you all speak French or English?

Congratulations! I'm so happy to learn that some of our fur loving friends have been able to hold successful get togethers! That has been tried several times over the years here in the USA, but we haven't been able to pull it off. Keep hosting the conventions - it's wonderful to see that they are growing in attendance!

FLinFL

I'm sooo happy to see that we did something unique !

And MILLE MERCIS for your support " title="Applause" />

Elbas, the two only official infos are :

The Convention will hold on 27/28/29 of january 2012, and it will be around Paris (easier for this time, but next one will probably be in the moutains). I'll do my best as for the previous years to find the better place near a big train station and/or airport, be sure everything is done to allow anyone to come...

Anyway, keep checking FourrureClub for any news, I'll also publish on FourrureClub's Facebook and on our Blog !

I'm speechless!!!

Congratulations for successfully organizing these wonderful conventions! And the atmosphere seems very friendly and cozy:)

I will do everything in my power to attend the third convention, even though this requires me to obtain a French visa:( But even if I am not able to attend, my heart will be there with you all fur lovers

• 4 months later...

Hi,

it seems we have no foreign members coming, except "Thomasson", from Hungary..., maybe half of the participants should speak english, I think.

It would be great to get some foreign members ! Of course anyone should accepts not to speak only in english or only in french...

I also copy that to your mail

I would love to go too, but unfortunately the cost of that plane ticket...

Hope you have a fantastic event. Take lots of photos and let us know how it turns out. And hopefully one or two of our members still do get to go somehow.

I think I'll contact you in private about that, friend. As we did it 3 times here in France, I think we have the know-how to duplicate this Convention everywhere. I think about doing a fur convention abroad in a year / a year and a half... At this time, any help will be great

I know this question has been raised in the past, but why not talk about it again? Is there any chance of us organising a similar sort of convention in the US or Canada?

The first question is probably how many people would be interested in principle in meeting up.

If we were to do something like this, where would it be? The FourrureClub seems to benefit from most of its members living in France which, whilst a large country, is nowhere near the size of North America, where most of the Den's members seem to live. Where do those members who would be most likely to meet up live? We seem to be quite spread out - US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia.

The Paris meeting is just for a weekend, maybe 30 hours in total. That's not a long time if someone is to travel across the US for a meet. We could meet for a whole weekend, but then is there enough for us to do, to talk about? A group of people who barely know each other, and potentially just have fur in common. Should we have some activity, such as skiing, as a backdrop? For me, coming from the UK, I would be looking to tack any meet onto the start of a longer holiday to America.

I guess there is no event like the White Turf of St Moritz in North America? I do recall someone mentioning that there is some sort of snow or winter festival in Ottawa. It would be great to be able to walk around somewhere where there will be lots of other furs on view.

I'm sure there are other considerations, but that will do for a start.

One time a member tried to do this and went as far as getting hotel space on one floor reserved, etc. He had semi commitments from many members to come along. Then no one actually went as far as reserving a room on the floor he had committed.

To do this it would need some sort of truly significant pledge by those involved that if they say that they are going to rent a room that they actually do it. Not just a written pledge so they could dream about it and then cancel out.

There could actually be a cultural difference here affecting this a bit. France is a different culture again from North America. Even from Quebec. However, I don't think that this is a big thing. It would just require some time from someone to organize it. Some real meaningful commitment from members to say if they are coming or not. (Not just a dream!) And possibly as suggested some sort of programming to a limited extent. (Something to talk about.)

Just some thoughts. Certainly the French Fur Club has some real experience in this area and could be of great help in organizing something.

W

Indeed, we have now some experience ! The fact is commitment is thrown away when less motived members realize they have to pay for something (at least food, but sometimes a room to sleep)... Anyway, the best motivated know what is a "priority" in their live and do anything to be free on the week end we choose, and find every way to find a transportation etc. In France we also have what we call "gites", I think "rental cottages" should be a good translation, this are houses, sometimes huge houses, rent for 15 to 20 people (see the photos of the second meeting, held in such a house). Anyway, I'll remember to speak of all that with you at the right moment, it would be a great pleasure to export our idea

• 4 weeks later...

I think the fourrureclub annual meeting took place last weekend near Paris. I presume you took lots of photos - we would love to see them!

Yes my friend, it took place and it was ABSOLUTLY AWESOME !!!

As usual, I'll write an article with few photos in low def.

No way to see more... I know it should be hard to understand, but it's an experience to LIVE, no photo can make you feel the atmosphere of such a week end...

We're already working on the next one, date will be announced during march

I'll post the link to the article here, so you don't have to visit the Club everyday, looking for an update

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the update. We have been waiting for the photos and the news. The pictures look great. Some of the coats look amazing! Lots of big fox coats

Do I understand the article correctly - you hired professional strippers to dance in furs in the evening?

You said that you are working on the 2013 Convention, and that you would announce the date in March - any update?

Oh YES you have well understood. Two strippers, a man and a woman, together in an awesome fur-show

That's the kind of mad things we like to create for this unique event.

It was their first time in furs, that was an incredible moment ! Hot, sexy, and of course, no one knew this kind of thing was going to happen

Yes I've also an update concerning the date, here it is :

http://www.fourrureclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4128

Fantastic photos. Sure wish I had been there!

For those who haven't realized, you can get a very good translation from Google Translate. You would enjoy it folks

I just wish that we could see a larger version of that bottom left photo.

W