Facebook

mailonfurs

what do you think of Facebook as a mean of promoting a fur business online?

I wasn't sure if it nesessary to us but I saw other furriers having their own facebook page too.

Anyway, we have added a new page on facebook, anyone interested can hit the like button here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MAILON-FURS/177555115634752

I think it will eventually get hundreds of reports from Peta members (when they find out the page) and it will be closed, or maybe not, who knows?

Altough Zuckerman described facebook as a social website, in fact it is about advertising and getting revenue from companies

Well, let's see what comes from this...

Might add a 'like' shortly (...and see what happens around the house)

I've noticed Facebook is coming back again. For awhile everything was twitter. No one wanted to be on Facebook. It was old news. BUT. What can you do on twitter when you are allowed only 140 characters or some damned number like that in your post. What good is it? What can you say there?

Suddenly recently I see people returning to Facebook again. I wish more folks would return to forums though. It is just the old divide and conquer, divide and conquer, divide and conquer thing. Suddenly the group is so small that there are few people anywhere.

Some companies have large pages on there like Mailon, and others just have a link to their main web site. But in advertisement every little bit helps!

W

we had a facebook account as a user (and not a facebook page), but it was shut down from Facebook. The reasons were vague, but I believe it was peta and antifur members that actually "reported" us and requested our deletion for obviously some stupid reasons. I think a facebook page instead of a facebook user is better for a business.

What we get into is that these sites are now used by businesses (and RIGHTLY SO!), but they were never really designed for that. So, they have been modified but often are just not quite right due to the initial designs.

Your new page indeed looks fantastic though. And what you are really doing is including enough information to stimulate the interest of the reader just enough to go to your larger web site. So, you cannot really beat that!