Ebay Forum changes

White Fox

Folks, over time a number of you have contacted us to express concerns that we delete messages automatically in the Ebay Forum. We have had the pruning set to automatically delete messages in time periods corresponding to the time that the photos were deleted from the Ebay site on items where the auction was finished. I had a look recently, and I noticed that about half of the first few messages were indeed considered to be too important to delete by some members here, as they considered them to be important information on their their thoughts, or the thoughts of others, on the topic of fur. Also, we have realized that we should not be deleting commercial messages from our members in that time period as those people put a lot of time and effort into those.

We have decided to not delete messages now for 365 days on the Ebay Forum after the last viewing of that thread by a member. This will allow you much more time to see these messages and read them again.

Also, we point out that any message there considered too important to delete can be moved to other areas. If you wish such done please contact any moderator.

We hope that this addresses your concerns somewhat on this topic. We certainly do try to take the thoughts of members into consideration on such topics. If you have any other concerns here, or if you disagree with this decision please let us know. It is only through such feedback that we can make this an even better site for each and every one here to enjoy.

White Fox

Administrator

Speaking of forums which need an automatic pruning... this was does. I cleaned it up for a while, but have not in ages. Can again if it needs to be done manually. But, could it be done automatically?

Any forum can be auto-pruned. We just need to determine what is an appropriate retention period for old topics. Also, stickies and/or announcements can be excluded from auto pruning if desired.

A bit of business here, but folks everyone can feel free to join in and give us your ideas.

AK, as mentioned, Linda has done this before though I had forgotten. I've no problems either way here. However, I do think Linda has done this so she probably "knows the ropes with doing it" more than anyone here so we should probably listen well to what she recommends.

The only thing I might mention is that I think it is a good idea to set the prune to a longer length of time somewhat. Thinking here maybe similar to the other forum. The reason is that this gives people at least a slight idea on what is involved in making this place work, and similarly they are more liable to give us suggestions for changes that they would like to mention for other areas.

Just a couple of thoughts

J

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

I was one of those requesting to keep the messages at ebay forum. As someone who keeps all his emails since 1998, I think the world will become a better place if we delete less:)

Thanks Samurman...

We do aim to please though sometimes it is not as easy as it seems to please everyone.

However, we do hope that every time members have suggestions here that they let us know what they are. What do you not like about the site? What you do like? What could we do to make this a better place for you to come and relax and put up your feet?

I know that there are a few places scattered here and there throughout the net that will leave rather abrupt messages to members if they make suggestions but this is NOT one of those. We love to hear them as they are our way of knowing what you people want. What you think.

W