Hey FrBrGr...

White Fox

I noticed that Diddy is going to the Super, and is olding a party. You can go for only $750. That's cheap. Some stuff is $80,000. Would you please go and give us a report on what he is wearing and maybe snap a photo or two?

W

Diddy, as in P. Diddy, aka Puff Daddy? Well, White Fox, if I was going to Dallas, and could get to within a lonnnnnng city block of where this party would be, I'd be craning my neck to see what he was wearing - IF I knew ahead of time that he was going to wear fur. Alas, being at the Super Bowl in person isn't for the typical football fan. It's for corporations and celebrities, so I'll be content to watch the game in my entertainment center - with homemade bar-b-que wings, pepperoni bread, deviled eggs, shrimp cocktail and ice cold Yuengling all within arm's reach, while I enjoy the comfort of a furry throw over my bod - ! (Couldn't do that in Dallas!)

FrBrGr;

You have got to have some of the pepperoni bread from the local bakery! People have it shipped all over the world. The best! Better than a garbage plate!

Ask the right people and you could have them ship you some.

You have got to have some of the pepperoni bread from the local bakery! People have it shipped all over the world.

You have to be talking about Arnone's pepperoni bread! I was in Erie filming a Marquette Savings Bank TV commercial, oh . . . about 20 or 25 years ago, and we had a lunch break. The ad agency had this unbelievably delicious pepperoni bread brought in. There were some other things as well, but the only thing I remembered was that pepperoni bread! Since that time, whenever I was in Erie (my "day job" took me there once or twice a year, and I would be there for a week at a time) I always made sure that I bought some while I was there. You are right - That stuff is to die for!

I realize that this thread has nothing to do with fur (although another joy for me in Erie was to lounge around my hotel room in the evenings in a fur "robe" and climbing into my fur cocoon later on, but that's another story . . . but if you want a close second to Arnone's pepperoni bread, here's the recipe. (It's so simple you could make it yourself!)

Let frozen bread dough thaw and rise overnight.

Roll the dough out, to about 1/4 to 1/2" thickness.

Cover the entire surface with thin slices of sandwich pepperoni.

Cover that entire surface with sliced Guggisberg baby swiss cheese.

Roll the dough, meat and cheese into a loaf.

Brush surface with EVOO and sprinkle with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Hot and Sweet Pasta and Pizza Seasoning.

Place in pre-heated 375 degree oven and bake until golden brown.

Slice diagonally.

Enjoy!

Ask the right people and you could have them ship you some.

You silver-tongued devil, you! I could be had . . . Tell me what you think of my creation first. It might save some time, effort, energy and money. I never thought that Arnone's pepperoni bread could ever be beaten, but after trying several combinations, this one was the winner. It's especially good right after you take it out of the oven. Mannnnnn, oh man oh man! Èsquisito! (Even if I do say so myself! )

I wondered if you know about Arnoes!

My brother-in-law lives in South Carolina. When he comes to town to visit a stop at Arnones is always on the itinerary. We occasionally ship him a loaf or two. While we buy it and ship it out ourselves, I think they'll ship it right from the store.

If the need strikes, let me know.

I'll show my wife your instructions and let you know how it comes out.