The Devils Rejects

Guest touchofsable

Is the nihilistic dark humour to be taken on face value? Or is it a send up, at the same time a homage to American southern....ermmmm....charm.

Or is there a more subversive message? Or is it just fun pulp horror?

Its just a good old american horrow film with tons of violence and horrible acts brought to you by horror fan & director Rob Zombie.

House of 1000 corpses is still more fun especialy with the cop & silence execution scene.

• 5 weeks later...

Just reading through some old posts;

I read in Bizarre magazine about a Japanese fim called 'Audition'. The reviewer said "The stomach churning sadistic violence in the last forty minutes will have you nightmaring for weeks." I hasten to add i haven't watched it. Anyone out there who has?

Yes I have in fact... It's actually quite a good film in it's unique way. I won't spoil it for you if you plan to watch it, the violence isn't too revolting and didn't scare me nearly as much as the grudge

Ah, Odishun.

Not a movie that would give a stalwart horror fan nightmares, but there are scenes in it that made my hair stand on end.

Hey s1m17...What are your thoughts on piano Wire!

If you want to see a gory horrible (in a good way) movie that DID give me nightmares, check out Hostel.

A good chiller I just watched was "Wolf Creek".

Pretty gruesome.

HOWEVER...while I could enjoy it, its yet again a "people in the wilderness are all axe murderers because they hunt" kind of message. Not that I mind too much. It keeps townies out of the woods

But I thought "Creep" was refreshing: an urban horror movie. Give me the woods any time rather than the late night tube at Charing Cross. highly recommend if you havent seen it. Got to be the scariest movie for decades and its BRITISH!

Wolf Creek is cool.

Not everyone who lives in the woods is an axe killer. I live in the woods, and I don't even own an axe. Just a chainsaw.

I just watched an Australian (I think) horror film called Undead, which wasn't scary but it was sort of weird and funny.

Hmmm and "Wolf Creek" isn't an Aussie film?? WEG

25 years in the business and John Jarrett finally is getting international recognition.... ( he's the guy with the axe *grin*)