H&M for a furry future?

cbernard92

So I just got back to Milwaukee from an overnight trip to Chicago (I went to a concert at Lincoln hall, and stayed with a friend downtown) With a 6 hour timeframe to kill this morning I walked all over downtown and I noticed a trend. I noticed it most in the advertising and in it's fake form at the H&M, fur was in season again as usual, but with a little more umph I think. At H&M The women's section had almost all of it, but it was the guy's section that caught my eye. Huge black fur hats, fur scarves and fur-gloves caught my eye saying, "Hey! Wear us, we're soft and fluffy!" Something a little out-of-ordinary for the hipster-essentials store. Milwaukee is nearly empty of any fur, I'm waiting for it to get colder, but I don't see it in many stores or anywhere in the streets. I have yet to make it out to our H&M to compare to the one in Chicago. I'm aware Chicago is a little more adventurous with fur so perhaps that's the reason for my surprise, but things seem to be heading in a favorable direction!

This young man is sporting a hat from an older collection, the hats I saw were much bigger and black. But you get the idea:

http://lookbook.nu/look/417583-Hiking-thru-Siberia

Well, not only H&M but other "popular fashion brands" such as Zara, Mango, Topshop and the like is full of fafaux fur, a trend that has been strong for a few years now...

Interesting that I have not saw much of that here. I would think less than normal in fact. Glad to see that some stores are on the other side of the issue