I Officially Declare It ...

JGalanos

Fall in my neck of da woods. It was a windy ~59 at 1:00 p.m. today - I was in short sleeves and regretting it. Brrr. I saw trench coats and down vests while shopping/at dinner this afternoon/evening. I'm heading out for a stroll shortly in one of my faux fur jackets - My first faux fur (beyond cuddling under a throw) experience since mid May (a long dry spell!). Tentatively planning to pull my first furs from storage in about a month in prepartion for the upcoming season - We're ~5 weeks from our earliest recorded snow flurries and the theatre season begins in ~6 weeks.

Let the season begin!

Temp fell into the mid 40's last night and is forecasted to do so again tonight.

Went for a stroll in my faux fur bomber jacket around 10 last night. Wind was blowing 10-15 MPH off the water and it was quite chilly. I zipped the jacket all the way to my neck and was pleasantly surprised to find it looser in the waist and body than last time I wore it (I think I've lost 6 - 8 LB since May). Was tempted to pull up the over-sized collar against the wind - May do so tonight.

Looking furward to the next ~8 months of fur (and faux fur) wearing.

unfortunatly i can"t brag about the cold, the coldest it got in Sydney today was 16 degrees C (60F for old skool) with a high of 22 deg C (71F), but it has been fookin windy here. Gusts hit 126 kph, about 70 knots! (78mph). Means no work for me today due to high winds, but a fathers day lunch (Aussie fathers day, don't panic northerners!) and some time playing on the truck made up for it.

This has not got in the way of furry fun though, nothing beats eating breakfast wearing full length fox and nothing else, followed by a roll around in fox with the Mrs, it doesn't need to be snowing to enjoying that!

If this is becoming a bragging topic, I can top JG -- Anchorage has frequently had lows in the low 40s (F) for the past 3 weeks.

Not surprising given you're hundreds of miles north of me (and thousands of miles closer to Siberia than me).

Sounds like somebody's bragging to me!

JK

Not really ... Just happy/thrilled.

Determining the beginning (when to store the real/put away the faux) and ending (when to bring out the faux/pick up the real) of the "off season" is a bit like reading tea leaves (this far north and so close to a large, cold body of water it is hardly an exact science). But near as I can tell my ~15 week "dry spell" has finally ended.

A couple of days ago, we were approaching record low temperatures in south Florida. Of course... that meant it was nearly 72F! Guess I've still got 6 months before the furs 'officially' get worn!

FLinFL

A couple of days ago, we were approaching record low temperatures in south Florida. Of course... that meant it was nearly 72F! Guess I've still got 6 months before the furs 'officially' get worn!

Florida ... Nice place to visit, but wouldn't wanna live there.

Fall in my neck of da woods.

Methinks I called it right ... We have not had a hot or even a very warm day since I made the original post. Season to date, I've been out in my faux fur jacket and two of my faux fur coats. Still amazed at (1) how real the faux fur coats look and (2) how little I've worn them prior to last season .

Wearing da real thing is likely ~1 month away. Can't wait!

Still feels like summer down here in the south... we are occasionally starting to hit the 50's for lows in some places, but still back up near 90 for the high most days (mid-80's if we get lucky). The only good side, at this point, is the humidity has dropped a bit from what we were having.

still back up near 90 for the high most days (mid-80's if we get lucky). The only good side, at this point, is the humidity has dropped a bit from what we were having.

One thing I do not miss about the South ...

still back up near 90 for the high most days (mid-80's if we get lucky). The only good side, at this point, is the humidity has dropped a bit from what we were having.

Nothing really to miss, stays way too hot for too long here in north Georgia. 92 degrees today, September 18??? seems crazy to me. Autumn, where are you???

We've had a non fur turn of weather in the upper left hand corner. The daytime temp has dropped to the upper 60's but the night time temp has gone up from the 40's to the upper 50's

OFF

Nothing really to miss, stays way too hot for too long here in north Georgia. 92 degrees today, September 18??? seems crazy to me. Autumn, where are you???

Haven't checked since it got mentioned on the weather last week at some point, but we (Charlotte area) are/were within about 8 days of tying the record for number of days at 90+ degrees. IIRC, we were around 79 days and the record was 88. Would have preferred a summer more like last year; only 28 90+ days.

It's officially the first day of Fall ... And it appears Fur is going to be HUGE this season. Perused a Neiman-Marcus catalog this evening and it was packed with fur for women and there was some fur for men as well: Fur jackets, fur trimmed wraps, fur trimmed boots, fur trimmed hoods, fur trimmed coats ... Methinks it's going to be a Furry Good Holiday.

I'm tentatively planning my seasonal debut (in mink) 10/9 ... Can't wait!