Shaving

Guest furlessinCA

Swimmers shave so that they can A) be more aerodynamic (yeah we talk about "aerodynamics" in water. In engineering, air is considered a fluid when we think about moving through it, just a far less dense fluid than water. Conversely in "fluid dynamics", air is addressed as a topic) and B) so they can "feel" the water better. I know after I shave my face, it seems to be more sensitive to touch (e.g. fur). Has anyone shaved their legs or chest (guys) to FEEL fur more acutely?

I do some cycling, so I could pull it off (after, of course, my wife and daughter tease me for being a "poofta"). My legs would gain a lot of senstivity.

This is kind of personal so I'm not necessarily looking for "yes" or "no" answers. I'm just throwing it out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately or fortunately I suffer from alopecia maximus. This means that I have lost a lot of hair, even my eyebrows and eye lashes but mostly on my head.

This means that I have to wear fur to keep warm. I haven't noticed any particular sensitivity , but it just feels great to have fur next to my skin.

Apparently the ladies love crisp clean sheets post leg shave so logical it would feel wonderful. Shaved my head once, that was incredible and something I would highly recommend on many levels. Softest regards furomance

Yes, I have shaved off and on.

I would have to say it is a wonderful way to experience fur! But then again, our hairs respond to touch as part of our tactile system....and that is great too!

Not sure I have a preference, but a shave is definitely worth a try if you have not done it before!

• 1 year later...