A Personal Welcome To All New Members

FrBrGr

Having just recovered from my second major surgery in three and a half months (my sixth in the past three and a half years) I have not spent very much time on my computer and consequently very little time here in The Fur Den. I am gratified to see that not only has the Den gained many new members in my absence, there are several of you who have actually started contributing your thoughts and ideas to this beloved community. I think it is fair to say that like most other things in life, you gain from your efforts in direct proportion to the amount of effort you put forth. I go back many, many years in the internet fur community, being one of the first to establish a persona. I have seen many people come and many go in those sixteen or seventeen years, and the ones who have persisted and are prominent today will all tell you the same thing. You'll get out of it what you put into it.

I don't know why you're here. I don't know if you love fur as a fashion, or that you're more into the "magical sensuality of fur" - or both. The Den was originally established for the benefit and pleasure of the fur fetishist, but has slowly evolved into more of a fashion site, with the exception of "Fur Freaks Anonymous," which more or less puts us "freaks" in a more inconspicuous, less-traveled spot. I personally hope that more interest can be stoked in that forum, and would be happy to interact and participate with any of you there. I also invite any of you who would like to talk with me personally, particularly those of you who feel self-conscious about your "magnificent obsession," to contact me by email, [email protected]. If you would like to get to know me a little better before you do that (I remember how nervous I was the first time I contacted another fur fetishist by email) I invite you to review my bio that can be found in the Den's marvelous wiki. You probably should wander over to the wiki to find me so you can see how great this part of the Den is, but knowing human nature as I do, I'll save you the time by just giving you my bio's URL: http://vdsden.thefurden.com/fdwiki/?n=Sponsors.FrBrGr

Bottom line (literally!): WELCOME TO THE FUR DEN! I hope we'll see you here often, and that you will share with us your thoughts, dreams, ideas, perspectives etc. You're now an important part of a very warm and personal community! Make good use of it and reap the rewards!

Having just recovered from my second major surgery in three and a half months (my sixth in the past three and a half years)

That's an average of 1 every 7 months. Quite the rollercoaster ride you've been on.

I want to avoid "taking over this thread here", and thus don't want to post a large message.

But I do want to point out that FrBrGr is VERY genuine when he says that he would like to talk to or type to any one here! Especially new members. But now or old. Young or old. Large posters or small posters. I hope that many of you will take him up on his offer and get to know him.Give him a PM etc. He is a fantastic individual, and you will be very glad that you took the time to contact him!

White

• 4 months later...

Although I don't really know you or the circumstances of your treatment, I would like to wish you all the best in your recovery and hope you are back up and running again quickly.

Also, a big thankyou for the words of encouragement, and the effort put in by yourself and others creating and running this fabulous site that gives a place for many to read, share and voice opinions and support from many others in this wonderful obsession of ours