is this a Zuki fur coat?

Guest freemetolovefur

http://adelineyenmah.com/wp-content/gallery/play/adeline-adeline.jpg

Pictured is Adeline Yen Mah and female admirer. Mah is the one in the coat that might be fur. She's the author of various books, including Falling Leaves and Chinese Cinderella. She's also an anesthesiologist who lives in Southern California. Born and raised in China, she went to medical school at age 17 in England in the 1950s and earned two postgraduate degrees in Edinburgh.

Tricia

It resembles a Zuki design, but I think his work is frequently copied so (without checking the label) I'm not sure it's possible to determine whether it's a Zuki original from a photograph. My furrier's wife owns a similar jacket.

I believe it is. I have actually seen this coat. Knock offs just don't look the same. ...but, until furcoatman says so, it just ain't a sure thing!!

I found Zuki's very hard to sell. The resale price-to-retail is also very low. People tire of them and at their price you must have money to burn to wear a few times and get rid of them. They are like runways pieces look great but just don't sell. Watch eBay, they sell dirt cheap.

Good eye, Vince.

Haven't researched this, but I have only known Zuki to work with Sheared Beaver with these designs. In this picture, it appears to be too thin.

Linda

I have only known Zuki to work with Sheared Beaver with these designs

Me too. I think that has been his prefurred "canvas".