Jonny Weir's tv show

furomance

Has anyone seen this show? It's on The Sundance channel here in the states. The lad loves his fur that's for sure. Only have seen one ep but lots of fur. Check it out if you can,you won't be disappointed.Haven't looked for youtube clips but I'm sure there are some out there. Show is about him and his figure skating comeback. softest regards furomance

I caught a couple of episodes on the Sundance Channel (using cable on demand feature). Not too much fur in the episodes I saw ... Mostly fur trim on garments.

I think I read recently that he caved into PETA demands and replaced the fox fur on his latest costume with faux fur (?). If so, hopefully they used the good stuff and did not just run down to JoAnn Fabrics ...

It's a pity., i guess I saw a repeat of his first show.As far as judging him a wuss I think in his case he's just trying to win a gold medal I'll forgive him for bowing to public pressure. Not to mention he's one of the few skaters left who will risk trying the quad axel. II's not as if any of us are out in the press publicly supporting his use of fur. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now and hope he continues, in private predominantly like us, his obvious love of real fur. softest regards furomance

All,

I don't much care for ice skating/dancing and have only seen a few pics of Johnny Weir but he's certainly getting some support. I watch and listen to ESPN's Pardon The Interruption and presenters Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon seem very supportive of Johnny's wearing of fur and have mentioned it many times over the last few weeks.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

I don't much care for ice skating/dancing

I watch a lot of different sports and I'd have to say that ice skating seams to be the only pro-fur sport around. From what I've seen competitors, coaches, judges and spectators all sport wonderful furs at events. More so than any other sport I have seen anyway.

There are some notable exceptions to this, where a particular person may wear fur. Karren Brady, former Birmingham City F.C Managing Director, was always worth looking out for at football games clad in furs.

From what I've seen competitors, coaches, judges and spectators all sport wonderful furs at events. More so than any other sport I have seen anyway.

Absolutely right. I watch a lot of figure skating, and it always seems there is at least one piece of fur clothing/trim at every competition. Marina Anissina, who won ice dancing gold at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics with partner Gwendal Peizerat (they represented France), has been seen at figure skating competitions, not as a competitor but as a coach, wearing a coat made of either tan velvet or sheared tan mink trimmed with golden Russian sable. Weir's coach, Galina Zmievskaya, often wears furs to competitions. She is often seen wearing a red coat made of either unsheared mink, sheared mink, or sheared beaver. The fur is dyed, so I can't positively ID the fur. In close-ups, it looks like unsheared mink. I've also seen her wearing a black fur coat, most likely mink.

Here's a picture of Marina Anissina.

[image]http://img.osobnosti.cz/foto/marina-anissina/N226735-fa573.jpg[/image]

I'm so glad someone other than Plushenko won the Olympic gold medal in Vancouver.

I hope Mao Asada takes gold in the ladies' competition, but the heavy favorite is Yu Na Kim, who's also a spectacular skater.

Tricia

. Weir's coach, Galina Zmievskaya, often wears furs to competitions. She is often seen wearing a red coat made of either unsheared mink, sheared mink, or sheared beaver. The fur is dyed, so I can't positively ID the fur. In close-ups, it looks like unsheared mink. I've also seen her wearing a black fur coat, most likely mink.

Tricia

The red coat is mink. A large number of the Russian delagation were given the minks to wear to the games. (Besides private coaching Ms. Zmievskaya works with the Russian team.) Russia has their athletes and coaches wear fur every winter olympics as a way of publicizing their fur industry.

Just as an update on Johnny. Mr B and other Aussie's might have seen this. Our local Commercial station Ch 9 which got the Olympic gig put a fossil on the front desk. Unfortunatly for him he bagged Johnny and received a pasting from the locals. Even had a facebook site trying to get him off.

Anyhow, as a way of trying to improve his image they got Johnny on the show...and he appeared with this enormous Lynx off the shoulder collar!!! Eddie (said fossil) asked him if it was 'fake' to which Johnny didn't reply....

I wish I could find a photo to post..but it was a BIG statement of pro-fur.

Auzmink...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26754657-5012980,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an ad for this show on the Sundance Channel a couple days ago that featured Jonny donning an incredible 3/4 length silver fox coat -- but I've never seen him wearing anything like it in the ~half dozen episodes I've seen of the show. The coat was so silvery that I wondered if it was real or computer generated. Anyone else seen this ad?

I have watched nearly every episode in the Sundance Channel's "Be Good Johnny Weir." Johnny is an amazing talent, but IMHO lets his head get in the way of becoming really great. He's also running out of time. This sport is pretty unforgiving when it comes to age. When it comes to professional skating (e.g., "Ice Capades" and "Ice Follies") it seems that he has some political hurdles to address. It really pisses me off to hear them say that he's too outrageous for family entertainment. What the hell does that mean?? Outrageousness, IMHO, has always been a constant in this sport! At any rate, it is obvious that he loves fur. He has a rather large collection of furs and fur accessories. In the episode where Paris (his roommate) moved out and he had to move to another apartment, he had several very large boxes labled "FURS." In another episode (when he goes to Russia to compete, he and his agent, Tara, model a couple of his furs, and wind up falling (together) on a pile of furs. In the moving episode, he reflected on the value of living alone, and one of the things he said he liked was to have (and I'm paraphrasing here) "amazing autoerotic sex." Given his love for fur, a fur fetishist like me can draw only one conclusion from that statement . . . (!)

In another episode (when he goes to Russia to compete, he and his agent, Tara, model a couple of his furs, and wind up falling (together) on a pile of furs. In the moving episode, he reflected on the value of living alone, and one of the things he said he liked was to have (and I'm paraphrasing here) "amazing autoerotic sex."

I have not seen this episode yet.

I just watched the ice dancing free dance of the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships in Torino, Italy, on TV. After the Italian team of Faiella-Scali skated, they sat down in the Kiss n' Cry area to await their scores. The woman with short blonde hair sitting next to them, on the right side of the TV screen, was wearing an amazing fox vest. It was deep red and black colored, made from the finest SAGA ranch-raised fox.

Tricia

• 5 weeks later...