Fur seen on "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve"

Worker 11811

"Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Even" is an institution in this house.

Yes, it's a little silly but we always stay up to watch the ball drop in Times Square on New Year's Eve. We always watch Dick Clark on TV. We've been doing it for as long as I remember.

For Americans watching on the East Coast, it's "the thing to do" if you can't actually go to Times Square.

(Many people say it's better to watch on TV! )

Okay, call me corny...

I was busy popping the cork on the champagne when I looked up at the screen and what did I see but a full length fur coat it full glory!

Damn, if I wasn't too busy pouring and shouting "Happy New Year" to pay full attention.

Who was that wearing the fur coat?

Did anybody else see this? Or was this a champagne-induced hallucination?

Please tell!

Yep saw it. Looked almost like a full skin fox of some type.

One guy mentioned it was J Lo. However, I am not at all sure that was right. I was like you and not able to get a good look. But if it was I didn't recognize her. I didn't hear the name til after. Had I heard it before one brief look would have likely said "Yes", or "No".

W

Happy New Year to all Den members!!! Yes, saw her myself...J Lo in all her fur clad glory. Looked as if she needed the warmth of that fur with the outfit she had under it or the lack of the outfit! Wowww!

Guess I should have put this on the DVR... the things I end up missing (FWIW) due to the work schedule.

Happy new year to everyone here, and may it be all you wish it to be.

It is now time to ring in the new year by heading out to work and ringing the time clock...

Figures - the one year I miss this show...

Actually, I find it very uncomfortable to watch Dick Clark after he had his stroke (? I think ?) a few years back. Anyway, hopefully someone will have photos of J-Lo posted soon.

FLinFL

...I saw J-Lo last Sunday at the Miami Dolphins/Houston Texans game. Her hubby, Marc Anthony, has a small interest in the Dolphins. She wasn't wearing any fur then... of course, it was 75F.

A lot of people who have had strokes or who have family members who have had strokes LIKE to see Dick Clark on New Year's Eve because he's like a role model.

If Dick Clark can go on worldwide television after having a stroke, by gosh, anybody can succeed after a stroke!

I did see a few people in the crowd who had on some fur.

I didn't see the fox stole but I know I saw hats and scarves and fur trims.

There were one or two jackets in the crowd that looked like fur but I couldn't tell if they were fake because they weren't on screen long enough or prominently enough to get a good look.

New York City has always seemed pretty good for fur wearing but I am really happy to see that they are showing more fur on TV. It just shows that this darned politically correct attitude that has been so dominant for the past several years is beginning to relax a little.

BTW: I didn't notice that it was J. Lo. wearing the fur coat on camera but I did notice that she wasn't wearing much underneath! It looked like she was wearing a sequined body stocking but not much else!

I was watching the clock. It takes a minute to get the champagne bottle unwrapped and ready to uncork at the stroke of midnight. Then you have to do it right on cue. I was trying to keep one eye on the champagne and the other eye on the clock. I noticed the fur but didn't have the mental bandwidth available to study it.

I did see J Lo on TV. Does anybody know what kind of fur coat she wore on TV? Not the coat she was wearing when she was singing but the coat she wore later on.

New York is a great town for fur wearing. I've never encountered a problem there when I've worn my furs. I've gone in to the city with women in furs - no one ever hassled them either. New York is much more 'fur-friendly' than Philadelphia. I've found that people - particularly guys - look at you with... um... 'disdain' if you're a man wearing a fur coat.

FLinFL

Found an article about her New Year's Eve performance at New York Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/01/01/2010-01-01_jennifer_lopez_new_years_outfit_singer_stalks_into_2010_in_a_glimmering_skin_tig.html

There aren't any pictures of her in her fur but there is a mention of it at the end of the article:

But hubby Marc Anthony needn't worry about the hoofer or Seacrest. He was right by his wife's side as the ball dropped to usher in 2010, and by then she was well covered up in a glamorous, and warm-looking, fur coat.

There was no negative talk of it in the article and only one person in the comments section made an anti-fur remark. And she (assumption) has been largely ignored.

I'm still searching to see if I can find a picture of the fur...

More pics:

1003up.th.jpg 2004zb.th.jpg 3005ry.th.jpg 4006rb.th.jpg

5007ata.th.jpg 6009rl.th.jpg 7014oud.th.jpg 8032is.th.jpg

9051wf.th.jpg 10052rj.th.jpg

In picture no. 8, due to her left hand being raised upwards, you can get a good sense of the fur's thickness.

It's a nice and warm raccoon fur coat, and a well made fur coat at that-too often, the dark-light strips of fur pelts on raccoon coats seem too regular and boring to look like faux fur, and it's great to see JLo wearing a fur coat when all spots are on her, but the coat's design is outdated IMHO. I mean, after Viktor+Rolf's 2006 raccoon coat, which you might remember from the Caroline Trentini thread, I would expect her to wear a more original and fresher design...

Absolutely FABULOUS! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I hunted on YouTube for clips. All the ones I found on YouTube had been taken down for copyright violation.

I gave up after about a half hour.

Great find!

I don't know if we have the YouTube feature turned on in this forum. I think it's a special modification you have to add on. I don't know because I just never thought of it until now. Your idea is well considered, though.

We'll look into it and see what we can figure out.

I'm surprised she would wear raccoon. She has chinchilla, mink, sable, and more hanging in her various closets to choose from.

Tricia

The weather was less than optimal fur wearing fur. I bet she (they) decided what to wear because of that.

(BTW: I have that YouTube video DL-ed in case it gets pulled. )

(Question to the admins: Is there any harm in embedding youtube clips into our forum postings?)

Possibly no harm, except that currently it will not work. We would first need to define a special BBCode to generate the needed HTML.

As YouTube videos are Flash, that could be a problem for some users. Flash is not decoded and displayed by default by most browsers. And many think it to be one of the worst video formats. Than there are the privacy issues of Flash "cookies" which are almost impossible to turn off or remove.

I Think J Lo is a very sexy lady and it's nice to see her rockin' in raccoon! I find raccoon fur has a raw sexy wild appeal all it's own and is often underrated.

Edited by Guest

J Lo in a racoon did not immediately occur to me. I too saw her in the fur coat and thought "Wow, on national TV". It is a great coat (my $0.02).

On another network (FOX), there was a guy who was the MC or announcer, whatever, and HE was wearing a black fur coat! He was only televised from the shoulders up so I could not tell the length. I'm still enough of a novice compared to you all that I couldn't tell the type. It seemed too bristly for fox, but was full. Perhaps a racoon like J Lo's? Though again, it was all black. It was great to see a GUY in a fur on national TV. I'll look on google, Youtube, or the Fox website to see if I can find anything on who etc.

Interestingly, when the crowd I was with saw J Lo, they did comment on her wearing a fur (e.g. "Is that a fur coat?"), but NOTHING was said when the man was on, and this channel was on for several minutes.

Lastly, I spent New Year's eve and day in San Francisco. We took a walk around 3rd St which is being developed but isn't a great part of town. At any rate, there was a dance club open on New Year's Day in which there were MANY young people (probably about foxkid's age) attending this dance or "clubbing". At any rate, a recurring theme was FUR! Not only on women but on men as well. It all looked to be faux to me, but hey, at least people were thinking in fur style. Most men were wearing vests.

Furless... I was just going to say Thanks for the info and that maybe someone could find it on UTUBE, etc. Let's hope so.

All VERY interesting info. By the way, we are far from professionals here. Mostly all amateurs just like you.

W

• 13 years later...

Reviving a very old thread for the 2023 update:

Who is the very tall lady that Paul Anka kisses at 6m25s-ish wearing the black full-length fur?

Happy New Years everybody!