deleted

Guest touchofsable

Hi Touch,

I agree with your assessment of the Paul Nicholls assault on the grand national. I have had a tasty wager on Le Roi Miguel at 240-1 on betfair so if this one obliges maybe purpleshoshonnas gorgeous red fox will be winging its way to Devon. I also think that this is one of the best renewals for a long time, but last years winner Hedgehunter with the superb Ruby Walsh aboard will go very close if the ground comes up good which will make it easier to shoulder top weight.I wish i was coming up to Aintree but i will have to stick to the grindstone to earn some pennies for our trip to Punchestown which i am eagerly awaiting.I hope there is plenty of fur but the liverpool lasses seem to go with the theory that less is more-can make watching the racing difficult at times !!!!!!Best of luck to you and anyone else who is having an investment on Saturday,

Neil.

Not big on the Gee-Gee's myself, spread betting is more my thing but after success at Cheltenham with 1-2 in the Gold Cup here's my Tri-Cast (That's 1-2-3)

Hedgehunter (7.4 at Betfair.com) is one of the Favs but top weight. If it stays nice & sunny as forecast then ground will be good & I thought after coming 2nd in GC there was defo a bit more in the tank & was being saved for the Big 'un this weekend!!

Cornish Rebel (34.0 at Betfair.com, but as short as 16/1 & 22/1 elsewhere - get yer money on soon cause the odds will shorten I think) An erratic horse!! - it's all or nothing with this one, which is what I like. Did well in the GC & looked like being placed, cost me wads of money after dropping a bollock having already bagged the first 2 but I'm including in my Tri-cast again, may well win the whole lot!!!!

Jack High (16.0 again at Betfair.com - best odds around, it's a betting exchange so you do tend to get better returns) - Been there or thereabouts all season, may not win it, but will be in the running & if a few above fall, then jus maybe? Either way should place.

Good luck to you all, but mainly the Irish, Begorrah!!!

SWEET

Oh yes lucky Mr Snowleopard had a fiver on numbersixvalverde. After the overnight rain i thought a horse that was obviously a stayer would benefit from the softening ground.

Strangely enough its a big thanks to Touch, as i rembered you had mentioned him in your post. It wasnt until re-reading it tonight that i saw you didn't really fancy him. My backing for him was kind of based on the asumption you were too. Oh well

I guess thats what us south londoners call a right touch

Lucky B'stard

Twas the only Irish horse I jus didn't fancy & put all of my dosh on Hedgehunter & Jack high on the nose

Mind you it was a bonus to see the bookies get a right hiding as the first 3 home were the favs.

Royal Auclair

THE GRAND NATIONAL AND THE LABOUR GOVERNMENT

The most heartbroken man on Aintree racecourse after yesterday's travesty would have been Christian Williams.

The bookies were not far wrong in their allotted odds, and one has to question why a horse (Royal Auclair) who was weighted to beat Hedgehunter by 5 lengths didnt win the National yesterday. Is it because they knew the British horses now lack experience of proper fences?

In fact, Royal Auclair departed at the first.

ALL Paul Nicholls horses failed to finish, as did Martin Pipe's.

The champion trainer this year and the one for the last 10 years failed to field a horse that finished.

WHY?

I blame the British Government.

1. The Irish government have subsidised the Irish horse racing industry to the tune of millions while the British government have completely failed to support the enormous contribution tacing makes to our economy (5th biggest employer of people).

2. The British governments banning of foxhunting.

Every jockey in Ireland, and the bulk of their horses, are out hunting a few times a week. Many British jockeys and horses are now not having this experience, and I feel thats why only 9 of 40 horses finished the race.

Because of the Irish Governments support, the Irish can now keep most of their good horses instead of selling them , and the results are clear.

The Irish had 1 2 3 in the Gols Cup and 1 2 and 4 in the National. Its unprecedented and we should call for Blairs resignation over it.

I request all British members of the Den to wrote to their mps to demand this over this shame.

We'll be back. Wait till Punchestown.

& there I was thinking only 9 finished because of the faulty start!!!

More than likely reason Touch me ol' mate, I think your conspiracy theory is a tad moldereskt

Yes it was a tongue in cheek statement but nevertheless both things are having an impact. All the Irish jockeys for example are hunting several days a week; its practice for going over fences that are different from the norm.

And the Irish are definitely keeping their best horses because their government is pumping money into the racing industry there. The Irish Field has pointed to this as the reason Irish horses are dominating our races.

The false start certainly wouldnt have helped the more highly strung french breds its true.

I will wait to see what the Irish have in it!

I will be looking at Carlys Quest in the stayers hurdle at Punchestown again.

Maybe Royal Auclair will go for the Whitbread.

I cant complain, as I broke even at Cheltenham and was down

Hi Furelli,

I suggest you have a few pounds each way on Mon Mome in the Scottish National ante post before the price disappears-don't forget-you heard it here first !!!! .I'm sure touch will also give you a storming tip as i've now heard that the English jockeys are out practising jumping garden hedges!!!. By the way,Mon Mome is trained by the lovely Venettia who is known to wear a bit of fur just for good measure,best of luck,

Neil.

I must say that Sarah Hobbs had a fabulous blackglama hat on at Aintree too. They call these women the magnificent 7 ( Venetia williams,marilyn scudamore, seb coe's wife, mrs twiston davies etc) and they all wear a bit of fur....they are all smart and lovely.

Love the garden hedge idea

We will have to mention it to Christian next week!!!

My tip will be Carlys Quest in the stayers at Punchestown.

Also Gary Moores horses seem in form at the moment. And Littmodens.

And Craig Roberts and Evan Williams.

My tip will be Carlys Quest in the stayers at Punchestown.

Yeah Right!

We'd be better off Backing "My little Pony" in the Hasbro Handicap

You wait and see........................

Carly's is a monkey but Ferdy wouldnt take him back to Ireland for nothing.

Last year he had first and second in the race....I won about

Hi Furelli,

I suggest you have a few pounds each way on Mon Mome in the Scottish National ante post before the price disappears-don't forget-you heard it here first !!!! .I'm sure touch will also give you a storming tip as i've now heard that the English jockeys are out practising jumping garden hedges!!!. By the way,Mon Mome is trained by the lovely Venettia who is known to wear a bit of fur just for good measure,best of luck,

Neil.

Thx for that Black, allready 20/1 on Betfair so must be favoured, can't believe their dragging Cornish Rebel (Lay at 15/1 looks best bet) & Royal Auclair out for another trot!

I'm favouring "Another Rum" at the mo' at 14/1 on the nose

Wasnt Cornish Rebel second in it last year?

Nicholls three winners yesterday 4/1 4/1 7/1

lay at your peril.

Waht fence did they pull up at in the GN the?

Royal Auclair fell at the first

Le duc fell at the eigth I think (canal turn?)

Cornish rebel pulled up about 20.

So they havent had a race.