It JUST SNOWED Here

trebor

I just looked up at the mountain top where I live and there's snow on top of the mountain. A cold front is coming through at the moment. It's 53 on the valley floor right now.

FurBob

Cool! (Literally!)

Unfortunately, summer has finally arrived here. Highs in the 80's for the past ~week. Ugh. I'm not a fan of hot weather. My perfect climate would have temps never above 80 F in summer and never below 5 F in winter.

Snow is the last of our worries down south. We've got 2 tropical storms heading our way - looks like one might turn into a hurricane.

FLinFL

• 1 month later...

I am so jealous.

Actually looking at a position in Grand Junction, CO. Anyone live there, or know it well?

Asheville, NC was my first choice, but only position I liked was cancelled.

I would love to be near ski areas again.

Am happier in Florida than I ever thought I would be though.

Asheville is nice!

Although it is still, technically, in the South they still get some fur weather there.

And it's not too far from lots of places to ski and take other winter recreation.

I used to live in Greensboro, NC. I traveled all around that area.

I even got married at Biltmore.

When I left Cincinnati in 1970 to find a new home, Asheville was one of two East Coast places I had considered. Boston was the other. Chicago and Santa Fe were the only "Midwest" places I had considered. All the rest were on the West Coast from San Francisco to Vancouver, BC. I ended up in Seattle then Tacoma. I do love Portland, OR and visit there often. Ungar Furs for instance.

I have many relatives in NC and Virginia going WAY back but not enough to get me back after experiencing the Pacific NW

OFF

Say Linda...

Should I let these guys know that I still remember that great window in your bedroom ceiling looking out on the ski slope?

Let your minds go wild guys!

W

Should I let these guys know that I still remember that great window in your bedroom ceiling looking out on the ski slope?

One of those things that make you go "Hmmm ..."!

I even got married at Biltmore.

Very cool! I toured the estate a few years ago. Would be a terrific location for nuptials.

I like the Asheville area as well. It's one of the few places in the South I would consider moving to.

We got married at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. As part of the wedding package, the wedding party got a tour of the mansion and admission to the winery. We got married in the morning. We ate brunch then took a tour of the grounds and mansion. We ended up at the winery for a champagne toast. Later in the evening, all the guys headed to Barley's Taproom brewpub for a few beers. All the ladies had tea in the dining room. The next day, we all packed up and headed out. Our honeymoon was in Winston Salem... OLD Winston Salem... The Moravian village. We stayed there for a few days then headed north to Mount Airy and visited Pilot Mountain. (Also known as "Mount Pilot" if you know what TV show I'm talking about. )

I used to live in Greensboro, NC. It is pretty close to the center of the state. It's about a half day's drive to just about anywhere in the state.

Raleigh-Durham is just 50 miles east, home of Duke University. Winston-Salem is just 50 miles northwest of Greensboro. 50 miles south of Greensboro is Charlotte, home of the NASCAR raceway. If you want to go up to the mountains or down to the beach, it's all just a day's drive away or less.

I think just about anywhere in North Carolina is a good place to live.

One of those things that make you go "Hmmm ..."!

Yes, JG. As I read this ...that is exactly what I thought!

White Fox I believe you failed to mention this was posrt of your "house" tour!

L

Hey, I thought my way of mentioning it was more exciting!

Indeed though great to be in cold weather again. I love the summer. And I love the cold weather too due to the furs.

W

Linda, Grand Junction is an easy drive back down to Denver and it's close to Vail and not far from Aspen...there will be skiing all around you (no, not around, because westwards there will be none!) My guess: not at all a bad place to live for a while with lots of splendid towns to visit within easy reach! In addition, down south you will have picturesque places to see, like Silverton, Ouray and Durango. If Silverton doesn't make you feel like you're back in the old west, nothing will...

We had snow flurries (unusually large flakes) last weekend. We'll probably have several inches of snow before Thanksgiving. Ugh. Don't mind the cold but do mind ice and snow.

We just got a light dusting of snow on Thursday and Friday. It cleared up by Saturday. Today it is sunny and the temperature is in the high 40's to low 50's.

The national weather service and several of the weather almanacs say we will have an "average" year, weatherwise.

That was nice! Winter is my favorite season of all. Although i haven't experience it. But i wish i could. Because it's the time where you can wear this elegant furs and coats. I also love it because of it's cold weather.