2009-2010 Fur Trend: Recession?! What's that?

Joe

The music is "Anarchy in the UK" by The Sex Pistols.

The models' expression goes with the music.

Not saying I like it. Just pointing it out.

I thought runway models always looked 'disgruntled' in shows like this. Maybe it's just the professional look that goes along with however they are made up and the emphasis on being skinny (stick figures?).

I thought runway models always looked 'disgruntled' in shows like this.

That has ALWAYS bugged me. They look disgusted, blase, annoyed, angry.. whatever. I can't for the life of me see how that sells any clothing. At least "Sonia's" models were allowed to crack a slight smile. And the MAKE-UP! Can it GET anymore gross? Every girl looks like a reject from the "Rocky Horror Show".

The camera-work was totally annoying, spending more time on the model's (ugly) face and ignoring what she was wearing -- not too mention the too quick editing, not letting us actually see the coats.

Once I would like to see a model, wear a gorgeous fur coat, enjoying it, and offer a teasingly little sexy "I know the power of what I'm wearing" kind of smile in the process. I know that would peak the men buyers' interest.

And oh yea, the big-ass coat at 1:45 was something else.

The fur jackets and thigh boots about 1.40 in get a 'thumb's' up from me!

FLinFL

I agree.. I've always liked the look myself..

I do miss the 'big furs' of years gone by but I am glad that the 'style revolution' is alive and well. At this rate, perhaps we might see them again in a couple of years..