Update at Mr Mockle's: Iryna Stevens - 5th April 2009

MrMockle

All,

Such a long break deserves more than one update so I've recently done another! Allow me to present a new model to Mr Mockle's: the delightful Iryna Stevens posing in furs in a fantastic new studio and in two separate looks. I'm sure that both Iryna and the new studio will feature often in future shoots.

As always, please pass on any comments you have.

http://www.mrmockle.com/

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Well done, Mr M! Very, very well done! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> More than one of those pics will go on my screen saver slide show!

Wow, Mr Mockle, you have managed to outdo yourself this time! I am really impressed by the HUGE improvement in your skills as a photographer! The lighting is superb and perfectly highlights all the subtleties of the furs. The pictures are sharp, the colors are vivid. The decor is tasteful and elegant. And the model is just so hot!

By the way, is it just me or do you also see a very close RESEMBLANCE between our Lady Brandy and Ms Iryna Stevens in her black wig???

Oh, I almost forgot, of the furs in the photos, I loved the red fox best! She looks like a bomb in red fox!

Congrats again!

Guys - and girls,

Thank you for your kind words and I certainly will be working with Iryna again - indeed we discussed other outfit and set ideas on the day so have done some of that planning already. But I've two or three new shoot ideas to work on first before her return, time and opportunity depending.

Samurman has raised some good points which deserve some explanation. I don't actually think my skills as a photographer have changed all that much but what has changed is nearly everything else! Comparing the two recent shoots with the Naomi K set in September 2006, the main differences are technical: I now have a reasonable spec digital SLR rather than a 35mm film SLR which packed in shortly after the Naomi K shoot, and I also have a better computer and have started using Photoshop Elements 7 to produce the final images. This has made it far quicker to get the raw digital image - no more printing and scanning delays - and I'm finding that even the quick fix features of Photoshop are producing better inital results than the previous package I used, although you would expect an improvement in software tools after a two and a half year gap. As I get more familiar with the tools I'm able to tweak the image and make corrections more comfortably yet relatively quickly: Spotter's Badge for those of who who can identify in which photos I had to digitally clone and replace a thumbnail when one of her false ones fell off mid-shoot!

I've worked in a few good studios over the years but this last one in particular has some of the best pre-built sets that I have seen and the owner was very helpful in setting things up on the day, plus he has given me some examples of different lighting styles which will give surprisingly different effects even when shooting against a plain backdrop; this may allow me to try a simple look similar to the studio fur shots often seen in magazine adverts. Although we just used two of the sets on the day there are another four or five others which would work well too plus the infinty wall and plain backdrops to play around with - and two more sets being designed to increase the possibilities for locations.

I have been in touch with Iryna for a few years so it was nice to work with her at last but it's not all that easy to find models with a look that I think would suit the sort of images I am hoping to produce. There are a few good options for new models - Lucy Zara is lined up next and, if I can get hold of her and she's interested, Alana Hennings is worth a return shoot as she looks stunning in photos she posed for last year - plus my long time favourites Tracey Coleman and Lana Cox are still in contact and still modelling too, and over time I'll start contacting other models to gauge their interest if my shoots are to return at a good frequency.

Add to all this the fact that I have a better quality and range of furs in my own collection to feature at the moment, excluding some I have borrowed recently and in the past from fur friends or even from the models, bringing the quality up further. I'm still a little low on good quality fox items and the red fox coat was graciously loaned to me for the the latest shoots but I have several nice minks now and have a wider range of other fur types to use from my own collection or borrowed: more cute coney jackets for casual and playful looks and the more special lynx, chinchilla, ocelot and wildcat garments too.

Thanks again for your comments and hope you enjoy future shoots too!

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Fantastic work, Mr. M! I too especially love those shots of Ms. Stevens in the long black wig and black leather - supremely sexy!

FLinFL

and, FL I have to add that I especially like the photos with her beeing "black-haired" !

Mr.Mockle: you might give her this hint next time

Zaphod_bee

Brilliant!

The Rolls Royce of fur fetish photography has returned. Did I hear mention of Lana Cox? Is the genie out of the bottle once again? Strap in folks looks like an exiciting year ahead.

Good luck with your new projects Mr Mockle.