HAPPY NEW YEAR

FrBrGr

Today, most of us celebrate a New Year - and new beginnings. Here in the United States, we'll have a new president who has promised us change, even though we all know it won't be without many daunting challenges for us, both as a nation and as individuals. In fact, all of us, all over the world, will face many challenges over this next 365 days.

What would life be like without challenges and new beginnings? Only a little over two years ago, I was given the Last Rites of the Church. I was very close to death before God, in his infinite grace, allowed me to rebound and to not only live, but to be able to come back and live what so far has been a productive life. I definitely can appreciate what it's like, with God's help, to meet challenges and to be given the opportunity to have another chance at life; essentially to experience a new beginning that most people will never understand.

The challenges and new beginnings we all face are a source of new hope, new plans, and new possibilities. Still, they take a lot of getting used to and we can no doubt expect them to present us with problems. Eventually, most of the problems will, with God's help, work themselves out, and the things that are supposed to work, will work in our favor. The others will fade into the background and with time, will probably be forgotten. It can be discouraging when our high hopes land considerably short of our goals, but if we can't get what we want, we all know that the secret to our satisfaction is to want what we get.

Now that the New Year, with all of its resolutions and beginnings it presents for us, is upon us, it is time to get to work and turn those high hopes into accomplishments. Oh, they probably won't match our original, fanciful dreams, but we can turn them into the real stuff - Imperfect for sure, but long-lasting and harbingers of even better things to come!

Happy New Year!

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Bonne Annee!

Kenourios Chronos!

Felice anno nuovo!

Prosit Neujahr!

Godt Nyttår!

Gott nytt år!

Onnellista Uutta Vuotta!

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

Boldog Ooy Ayvet!

Szczesliwego Nowego Roku!

Sretna nova godina!

S Novim Godom!

L'Shannah Tovah!

Sun Leen Fai Lok!

Bliain nua fe mhaise dhuit!

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

Kiortame pivdluaritlo!

Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

(I know I may have missed a Denizen's country/native language. For that I apologize. The old memory isn't what it used to be. If I did miss your country, why not add your greeting in reply? We'd love to hear from you!)

Yes Indeed. Very late here tonight as I write this. Or should I say, Not very early!

But just had to chime in before I head to bed!

Happy New Years to all!

W

Happy New Year to all from a place where the temp was over 30C (where's the calc for non-decimal thinkers....ah) 86F and am just listening to the New Year's Concert by the Vienna Philharmonic wishing I were there......... or anywhere the temp is 30F. Ah well, can't complain

TOO Much

Happy New Year!

What I want to know is whether Kellie Pickler's fur trim was real or fake.

I'm inclined to say it was fake...

But, with the terrible lighting they had on TV, the blacks were so crushed and the white's were so blown out it was impossible for me to tell.

I think it was either a good quality fake or it was white rex rabbit.

Happy New Year to all of you!

I was in a party last night... I guess I was the only guest over 25 (and I'm way over ), but the invitation was legit and I didn't mess it up. What I did notice, was that very many of the young pretty girls wore fur jackets and boleros. Some fakes, but quite a few real ones. Perhaps fur is getting trendy again? We in Norway were never really hit by the PETA-nonsense, but sadly furs has been away from fashion for years.

But now I see hope for 2009