2008 Winter UK Fur Sightings

RIDERFUN1

Hi Everyone,

We're "newbies" here and so far so good, we're Hel and Jon from Northwest England and it seems like an ever increasing number of us Brits we love furs.

Last weekend we went shopping in Manchester and we were both amazed at the sheer numbers,varieties and combinations of real furs openly being worn around the city, Hel felt quite at home in her dyed fox jacket she was actually quite nervous about wearing it but she need'nt have worried

We saw quite afew fox jackets,some fox collars,some rabbit collars and even a full lynx ! in Manchester

So it seems fur REALLY is back ! looks like the anti brigade have lost

Anyone else got any UK sightings so far?

Thanks

Hel&Jon

Rider, first off, I want to say "Hello" and "Welcome" to both of you as new members of the Den. We hope that you will find this a nice little place just to sit down and spend your time.

We have had a few such posts here before in fact. I think that probably parts of England are more forward in furs than others, but it really does sound like fur is returning there and in fact in a rather big way. I have not seen as many furs yet in Canada as you saw there, though part of that is that I have just not yet been in the right places to see them on the right cold days. Who knows, maybe the fact that fur nearly disappeared there will mean that it will be even more popular now that it is returning, than it is even in Canada.

Fortunately, PETA pushed way too hard, misinterpreting the thoughts of people. They pushed their agenda of making their leaders rich and putting forth the very violent and radical animal rights issues into the laps of people who were still thinking that they were actually only saying "Fur is wrong". Those people had listened to them on that "Fur is wrong" issue without thinking. Many times I have heard people mention that they were visiting England, and British folk would say how fur is wrong, but it seemed when asked to explain that they did not know or understand why. However, when forced to take the next steps that PETA were beginning to promote, like no pets, no meat, etc, they began to think and suddenly realized how they had been taken in with misinterpretation and emotions. In short they got a big awakening and suddenly realized what they had done. No, not everyone has realized that so far over there. But your wearing furs goes a long way to widening the awakening. There are some radicals still in Canada too. There will always be a few.

Hopefully people everywhere will learn to think about these issues. So many of the PETA supporters have been fed material that is even decades old, and they do everything and become antifur because their friends in school are, but not because they have thought about those issues. If they think about these issues everywhere both fur and animals will be much safer. At that point animals will not have to take second place to the "You must make me rich" attitude of the PETA executives, etc.

W

Hi Whitefox and thanks,

We would say that the people we saw were of the younger generations 19-25 and 25-40 and its this age group that are REALLY influenced alot by the media for example magazines like Elle,Cosmo etc ALL feature fur alot, also they are influenced by what many celebrities wear music artists such as Beyonce,Lil'Kim,Eve wear furs models such as Kate Moss (Proud to wear furs) and ofcourse JLO all are in a very powerful position to promote the image that wearing furs is once again COOOOOOOOOOOL

No matter how many lies PETA and their retarded friends spread, no matter how many inane campaigns they come up with the anti-brigade cannot compete with the power of the media,celebrity etc

Welcome, Hel and Jon!!!

It's so nice to have you as members of The Fur Den! We hope to see you here often, and we look forward to you sharing your thoughts and experiences with us! We hope that every minute of your time spent with us will be enjoyable!

Welcome! I hope you're able to spend some time looking through our little site. There are lots of fur lovers here with whom you can share experiences - and plan on visiting our gallery as we have one of the more extensive ones on the net.

FLinFL

I often see sightings of a large silver fox fur stroller in Manchester city centre.

Luckily for me it is on my wife, mmmm!!!

In the recent cold weather she has also been seen with a large black mink hat, very nice.

She only ever receives compliments and has never come across any problems although I think she is still a bit nervous about wearing it.

See my new post regarding fur in the uk.

Manchester is actually a great place for fur - there is actually a furriers there too but you generally need to make an appointment to visit. I have generally called up and gone the same day - Glynn Collections - do a google for them on Blackfriars Street. Everytime I go I see full furs (mink, fox and rabbit being the most pop0ular) and there are NO anti-fur PETA nutters in Manchester either

Did see a bunch of faux- and possibly rabbit furs in my home town (Stevenage) this past Monday. Even my niece was sporting a nice pair of furry boot slippers earlier - was kinda jealous!!

UJ

What?! Why is it only after I've left Manchester that I discover there's a furrier there?! He doesn't advertise much, does he? I don't recall Glyns Collections ever being listed in the Yellow Pages. I'll have to pay them a visit.

Are you aware there's a furrier in Southport as well? Angus Taylor. Very friendly chap.

I'm hoping to see a lot of furs at Cheltenham races this Saturday.