How do you like this?!

Kappa

The woman in my life had a 'very bad' experience with fur the first time she owned a coat. Some of you may remember me asking about it, she had received a black mink as a gift only to go into anaphylactic shock. Since then, several years ago now, she has never gone near fur of any kind. Well, I managed to get lucky and the fox coat I got for her, she had not problems with it 'and' she loves it! She has also learned that she really likes sheared beaver as well.

Well, for my birthday a short while ago, we went out of town to stay at a B&B. While there, we stopped in at a fur salon that I have done a lot of business with over the years. While there to get her coat 'adjusted', one of my friends there suggested she try on some of the other coats. She explained her hesitation to him and he proceeded to pick out some things he believed she would be alright with (knowing she was ok with the fox coat we brought in). Well, she goes right from fox to sable!! She didn't know what it was but she did like how it looked and once she had it on, how it felt.

So, back to my original question, 'how do you like this?' Someone that goes from not going anywhere near fur of any kind to and managing to pick out the most expensive items in the salon? She didn't think twice about the cost of it but she did and has commented on it several times since our trip out of town. I am glad that I was able to help her overcome a fear she has. I'm only concerned that I may have created a monster though..

Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaa. Another new Den member!

Don't worry though Kappa. She will probably not purchase more than three coats before Christmas!

Guys... Some folks have all the luck eh?

W

Oh.. I wouldn't mind if she added fur salons to her shopping habits. I found it pleasantly amusing that someone goes from keeping away to managing to pick out the most expensive items in the salon. My friend at the salon knows what price ranges I typically stick to and attempted to distract her some other fox coats and some nice sheared beaver they had in the showroom but her eyes kept gravitating towards the honey-blonde sable bolero she saw and tried on.

Since we first met, her fear of fur was the 'only' bump in the road that I knew of. (Well, that and her psych degree kicking in at the wrong times.) I talked to her about it and tried to learn what it could possibly be that produced such a harsh reaction. When she doesn't react anything like that to any pets. So, trying different things over time both of us learned that it might have been something about that coat. Now, she has her own white fox coat and interest in expanding her collection.

We both live in the big city, just opposite sides of the river (Minneapolis/ St. Paul). Like I mentioned though, I have no interest in keeping her away from the salons. If she wants to go, I'm all for it.. Like some people in her position, she loves to go shopping all the time. I don't see her doing it on her own right now but after she learns some more, I think she might go shopping on her own.

It sounds like she was suffering from forced deprivation and, now that she's discovered she's not allergic to ALL kind of fur, she's making up for lost time!

It sounds like she was suffering from forced deprivation and, now that she's discovered she's not allergic to ALL kind of fur, she's making up for lost time!

I've got no problems with that..

Why would you WANT her to do it on her own

OFF

I wouldn't want her to.. Of course I'd like to be there. Sadly though, she has problems shopping when she's with me. I haven't been able to get her over this one yet..