A couple of voting Canadians

White Fox

Well now. First off. We are voting today in Canada. We started our election well after the US began their process and we are finishing early. Our attention spam is extremely short up here. And believe me it is getting shorter.

This election coverage reminded me of a story about a local doctor and his wife about 30 years ago I suppose. First to explain. We have two main parties up here generally in the running so to speak. One is Liberal. The other Conservative.

This retired doctor and his wife were often vacationing in California or Florida when an election would come. Each election they drove all the way home to vote. Faithfully!

However...

Everyone knew that he was a dedicated Conservative who would never change his vote from there. And she was just as dedicated a Liberal.

Another local story. True once again.

A local farmer near here told his wife one morning that he thought that since they knew how each other were going to vote - and they would be cancelling out each other's vote, as one was voting Liberal and one Conservative - that they should just not vote. So, they made a pact that neither would vote.

Well now. Later that day, she went in for groceries, and a few odd things. And in the store saw her neighbor. Her good friend. Who said "Gee, I saw your husband in to vote this morning but not you. Is anything wrong?" He had walked across the fields to town so she would not see him.

Something tells me that he slept on the couch that night!

W

We started our election well after the US began their process and we are finishing early. Our attention spam is extremely short up here. And believe me it is getting shorter.

Wish it (the process) could be shorter down here. I've long ago been sick of the bullpucky being slung around in this presidential campaign. I can't believe the hundreds of millions of dollars that have been spent on lies, half-truths and manipulation. They wouldn't be able to get away with that crap if they were trying to peddle it to an informed electorate. Problem is, with the "let George do it" mentality in my country right now, it largely goes unquestioned.