bugger

Mr Barguzin

BUGGER!!! (they locked the damn topic, just as I was getting ready to let loose!!!)

But on a serious note, as one who has been a mod and also one firing off political views in the past, much as I hates to admit it, I concur with what was said in the locked post.

Mods don't edit/delete/censor things willy nilly as that would make them really look like twits, which they aren't. They are also governed by their own morality and views, and may even allow stuff by untouched even if they find it morally repulsive, but it is allowable within the rules/CoC.... or just slides under the bar. "It's not easy being a Moderator." to borrow from a true greenie.

Anyways, that's all this rant is about.

Thanks Mr B and FrBrGr...

I agree totally on what BOTH of you have said. Piotr was indeed a very dedicated mod but as well has been so highly involved with fur sites in general for so long.

To illustrate Piotr's point, I remember one time when we were blamed for not telling people why we had deleted individual posts. We began to do that, and in no time at all we were blamed for making it public for explaining why we deleted them, as folks thought we were making fun of people. (Exactly what we had been told to do before.) Moderators can be in trouble no matter what happens! In fact, I seem to recall Piotr ended up on the firing line that particular time.

The good part is that members here are really great at making this place work, more or less without moderators. Members TRY to make The Den work! Staff here are pretty much involved in removing spam, or making changes in the site, rather individual posts.

(By the way, that thread Piotr mentions was locked because registration is finished in the US, so it is no longer valid. It was NOT locked because of anything anyone posted as mentioned.)

Yes, being a mod can be fun, being able to see how PhP programming works, etc. But it can be frustrating as well. No matter if one is a mod in the Gallery, or the Den.

W

P.S. If a moderator ever makes a decision that you do not agree with, let us know. We are human. We can make mistakes like anyone else.