A Political Interview...

White Fox

I don't want this to be considered Political in any way. It is entered here as a joke. You will see why when you read the text. The text comes from the paper "The Toronto Star". We often joke about politics in other countries. In Canada, it is rather different some times, eh?

You will see why. The reporter in question is a comedienne from a rather famous television show here. A show that will "not obey all of the standard rules of politics". They will go anywhere to get their story. And Mr Harper is indeed, the real Prime Minister of this country! Once again, this is a story printed in the Toronto Star newspaper. And I should tell all that we are in the throws of an election campaign here now.

Here is the writeup...

'Reporter' detained after professing love for PM

Sep 12, 2008 04:31 PM

HALIFAX–She went from police detention to Stephen Harper's hotel room in a matter of minutes.

She got hot and bothered. She unbuttoned part of her blouse.

The prime minister touched her arm gently and asked if she enjoyed being handcuffed.

It was all part of a TV skit – well, all except for the part about her being detained by the RCMP.

Geri Hall, a fake-news reporter for CBC's spoof show This Hour Has 22 Minutes, had a wild morning after she interrupted a Harper news conference.

She jumped out of her seat while reporters prepared to ask their questions and professed her desire for the Prime Minister.

This is the same Prime Minister who has struggled to win votes from women, especially young ones like Hall, and who once joked in the House of Commons that he had trouble with seduction – even his own wife.

Hall was a different story: "I'm a single female . . . I love you. I want to love you," she shouted while approaching the podium.

Burly RCMP guards quickly whisked her away. Hall was handcuffed and detained for a few minutes in a separate room – standard procedure for anyone accosting the Prime Minister, even in jest.

Harper aide Carolyn Stewart Olsen assured the RCMP the incident had been a comedy stunt, and that they could remove the cuffs. Then the Tory leader granted her an interview.

I kind of think that there might be one or two other countries in the world where comediennes would get in trouble for that. We are indeed a kind of different nation so they say up here in "The Great White North", eh...

White,

Sorry to disappoint you, but we aussies still rule rule the roost when it comes to political stunts by comics/stirrers.

You may remember the last bugger what was it called......APEC meeting in Sydney. A group from "the Chasers War on Everything" Impersonated Bin Laden and broke through the security cordon around Bush's hotel.

The had everything.... car convey (three cars), security men running beside the cars, cars moving a walking pace..... passed two police checkpoints..... and then got arrested. Out of the main car gets Bin Laden... he and the others are arrested, charged...... and faced court, where the judge at least saw the funny side and released them without any further action.

Nice lot of publicity for the show though, cause they are on the National Broadcaster (Australian Broadcasting Commission) and NOT a commercial channel, but EVERY channel gave them coverage for that one.

And on interviewing technique..... Comedian Garry MacDonald as "Norman Gunston" wins hands down. CD's are available so if you can afford one get it.

Oh and the Chaser have a guy who asks famous folks...... 10 Questions in 10 seconds......... and the stunned reaction from them has to be seen to be believed at times. At other times it is most cringe-worthy. But that's the life of a comic.