Any NFL fans here?

punisherthunder

Any NFL fans here? I'm all jacked up for the season.......especially since my Tennessee Titans just handed a loss to the Jags!

Anyone else following the season?

You'd better hope your Titans don't have to play the Pittsburgh Steelers this season (like in the playoffs - I don't think the Titans and Steelers have a regular season game on their schedules . . .) The Steeler defense has a way of making quarterbacks - even the Vince Youngs of the NFL world - look real bad!

On the other hand (in spite of all the bravado) with what I think is an impossible schedule to get through, the Steelers will probably do no better than 9-7 or 10-6 this season - and that's probably only attainable without injuries. Of course, that part of the game can go both ways; e.g., what if Tom Brady gets hurt? The Pats are odds-on faves to win the Super Bowl again this year, but what if he got hurt? I'll bet the odds would change! (I know he got hurt today, but I don't know how badly . . .) The same with "Big Ben." If he goes down, will the $7 mil the Steelers are paying Leftwich this year be worth it . . . ? Look what happened to the Steelers last year when Willie Parker went down before the playoffs. One of the big reasons why the Steelers lost to Jacksonville was they didn't have a very dominant running game without Parker.

I liked (to hate) your team better when it was the Houston Oilers. Now that was a rivalry!

Go Steelers!!!

FrBrGr....not only do the Titans play the Steelers, but I'm going to the game in Nashville. Its on 12/21. I've told my wife if it's super cold or snowing, then she is surely wearing her blue fox!

The Steelers are a great team....hell, I've got Big Ben and H.Ward starting on my fantasy team!

HMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see.... which team will I follow THIS year ...................... Redskins?? Seahawks?? Broncos?? (and for a New South Welshman to even contemplate following a team called 'Broncos' ) hmmmmm who won last year???

Ah the joys of being able to sit back and watch grown men other than myself cry into their beers as their dreamed for magnificent season falls in a screaming heap about them due to refs' wrong calls, coaches errors, player stupidity and just not being good enuff.....

ON THE SWANNIES!!!!!!!

FrBrGr....not only do the Titans play the Steelers, but I'm going to the game in Nashville. Its on 12/21.

By gum, you're right! How'd I miss that? And with a Steelers schedule not more than two feet away from me - ! ("They" say that one of the first things to go is the eyesight . . . )

told my wife if it's super cold or snowing, then she is surely wearing her blue fox!

That'll be your saving grace for the day, brother! I know you'd like for the game to be a piece of but for the poor Titans I think it'll be more like this: (Hey Worker 11811 or AKcoyote - Whoever is responsible for the new emoticons - Love 'em!)

The Steelers are a great team....hell, I've got Big Ben and H.Ward starting on my fantasy team!
It's good you don't have Brady at QB - Just saw (on Sunday Night Football) that he has a torn ACL and will be out for the rest of the season. On the other hand, the Boston Globe is reporting that he has a high ankle sprain. Who knows what's really wrong. Either way, he'll be out at least two or three weeks, maybe more.

Nope....no Tom Brady on there. I do have Eli Manning as a backup though.

What's with ??? Think the Steelers will have it that easy huh? Trust me, our defense is very capable of pounding on your Steeler offense!

FrBrGr, do you have a fantasy team?

What's with ??? Think the Steelers will have it that easy huh? Trust me, our defense is very capable of pounding on your Steeler offense!

"On any given Sunday . . . " (Or Monday, or Thursday . . . ) With the possible exceptions of maybe the Dolphins or 'Niners, these are professional football teams with highly skilled players. The best of the best, the "creme de la creme." It could happen, PT. There is actually a chance in hell that the Titans could pull it off against the Steelers . . . Our O-line has been suspect, although things look a lot better so far this year. It's actually our DB's I worry about. Not the LB's. Probably the best foursome in the League. And certainly not our Strong Safety (but God help us if anything happens to Polamalu!) But our corners really suck. Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark, IMHO, are exceptions to the "creme de la creme" theory, Deshea Townsend is getting older and a step or ten slower, and Anthony Madison and William Gay still have a lot to learn. We have to rely on our pass rush and blitz packages to keep pressure on the QBs, and our 3-4 to stop the run. That's where the Steelers are vulnerable on "D." As for stopping Pittsburgh's offense, Good luck. It's better this year than ever, with Holmes coming of age, with Coaches Tomlin and Arians realizing that tight ends can do more than block (Heath Miller will win games for us this year!) with Mendenhall complimenting Parker in the backfield and "Big Ben" is now a mature and injury-free (so far - He can't take another 46 sacks this year!) and my man Hines Ward is, well . . . Hines Ward. He might be a step or two slower, but that only means that it will only take him about fifteen minutes longer to get to the HOF.

FrBrGr, do you have a fantasy team?

You know, I almost did that this year, since I retired. There was "no way, Jose" in years past. I just didn't have the time. My son is into that, and they guy spends freaking hours doing it. I think it's too late this year. Maybe next year I'll do it. Sounds like fun if one has the time . . .

A lot of surprises so far this season. Who knows who will wind up going to Tampa -

Personally I don't care what my New York Football Giants do this year, they gave me a lifetime treat last season. Luckily for me I have been born and have seen each Super Bowl victory.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8540384/Titans-asked-for-police-help-to-find-QB-Young

It can all happen so quickly. First, there was Brady. I'm happy to see that Young's injury wasn't as severe and that he'll only miss a couple of weeks. If he's that emotional, though, how is he going to react after the Steelers' defense gets through with him . . .

Oakland Raiders fan here..........Not much chance of going too far this year if the game the other night was any indication. Oh well maybe next year:)

Hey, Kevin - Remember the "good ol' days" when the Steelers and Raiders got it on? That was war! I'll always remember those matchups - especially the one with the "Immaculate Reception" -

Some of the names back then - Biletnikoff, Otto, Casper, Hendricks, Shell, Lamonica, Stabler, Long, Brown, Sistrunk, Blanda, and of course, Gene Upshaw. Bradshaw, Harris, Bleier, Green, Greenwood, Ham, Swann, Stallworth, Webster, Mansfield, Russell, Blount, White and Wagner. I've probably missed some, but wow! How many HOF players are on those lists?

Those were the days. Then ther was Howie Long, Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen, Jim Plunkett.............Ahhhhhhhhhhh the days............Let me tell you it sure was tough being a Raiders fan when I lived in Kansas City. I have very rarely had a negative comment wearing fur, but try wearing a Raiders coat in Kansas City:) I don't recommend it.

I still have an old friend that I haven't seen in years that still owes me $ 5.00 when the Raiders beat the Eagles in the Superbowl. He's probably forgotten , but I haven't:)

How could I have forgotten Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen (especially) and Jim Plunkett? (I did list Howie Long . . .) I mean, Bo and Marcus were possibly two of the most visible Raiders from yesteryear, and as an Auburn grad, I followed Bo's football (and baseball) career from the time he was in college!

You must be real happy with the Raiders' victory over the Chiefs this last weekend. Oakland may not have that bad a season this year. I'm predicting 8-8, or maybe even 9-7. Waddayathink . . . ?