hello everybody

dumbass45601

Well my life took another turn this week for the third time this year. So I had the plan to sell cars in Columbus, OH earlier this year. That was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had. You are treated like dirt by the management and by the customers who think you are out to get them. I was also physically restrained by an associate who wanted to get to a customer before I did. I was also told one day that I wasn't allowed to sell any cars on the last day of the month by another associate because "I didn't have any mouths to feed." So after spending three months in a job where I was told by an actually friendly associate that "I should give up all of my virtues," I moved back to the Paint business.

I was a summer sales rep for Olympic Paints and Stains at local Lowe's stores with a guy that I have become great friends with over the three years I was working at Lowe's. It was only a part time job though and was hoping to get another job and get enough money to go back to school and finish my degree, but nobody would hire me because I couldn't mix other stores paints. Then I was hoping to just get a job with PPG but they are having a hiring freeze due to high logistical costs.

This week though I went for a Pharmacy Tech job at Walgreens and was hired over two people that were already State certified. It's not paint and it's not sports writing, but it's something for now I guess. It looks like I'm spending another year in my little Ohio town, but at least I can afford to move out of my parents place again, thank God.

So that's why I haven't been around here much the past few months. I picked up tennis though to try and take off the pounds of being a car salesman. Does anybody have any advice about a proper serve toss?

Plus why in the hell is it so hot still? Damn Midwest Septembers. At least it's one month closer to October and hockey season starting.

Dok

Glad things have been looking up for you a little at least! It always seems that one never quite knows who will hire them and who will not, etc. That can be so frustrating.

One thing is very obvious though and that is the integrity of the auto business you were selling for is not very high. Unless they improve, it is likely that folks will soon catch on. I've saw those before. It was a good job I looked around, as they were not there for long. Potential customers hate that.

Here is an encouraging story. A good friend of mine quite school young, had a kid, and things did not go well for long. Soon she was divorced. She decided to change, and went back to high school to get her last two years. She then went to university and collage for 4 years, and now is a full time teacher. All with no husband to help her out.

So don't give up! It is possible if we try hard enough, and it sounds like you are doing just that!

W

Yeah, it's really hard to get back to school especially when you are already $35k in debt as it is from loans. I'm definitely trying that's for sure. Plus I have learned a lot of things along the way. How to deal with depression better, learning how to sell things to people in a kind way, plus finding out if a woman is a control freak or not.

The paint thing is funny though, some people know my passion for sports and writing, but for some reason like what my friend said "I like my paint." My boss even said that they might have had an opening in the Toronto area at the new Lowe's there. I love Toronto and wouldn't mind living there at all.

So I guess everything will have to wait for the time being.

Toronto is a fantastic city indeed. You just have to know what you are getting into when you go there. Really terrific how you can go down town and see hundreds of stores without ever going outside, using the subway, and underground walkways, etc. Many of the building had basements, and they simply blasted out the walls, allowing you to walk from one to the other for long distances. When you see those, a short subway trip gets you to more. Using the subway there are endless possibilities. There are some great places for sports, sightseeing, museums, etc. The only problem is - as one person who lives there told me - so many of the people living there cannot afford to go to those places as the rent and other costs are so high.

The key is to know what you are getting into. Know your potential salary. Know what you will be probably paying for rent to live the style you want to live, in the location you want to be in. When you find it works, go for it! Yes, like other cities there are a few spots to stay away from. But those are limited - on the whole it is a great place to be.

W