Browsers

Mr Barguzin

Yeah G'day.

Just posted a blurb in eBay section.... and this got me to thinking.

A)What browser do you use?

B)Why do you use it?

C)Would you use another if you could?

D)Why?

A) Firefox

B) I prefer it and have used Netscape from 4.00 to gold to Communicator 4/5 and then Mozilla and now Firefox 3.0.1.

C) Nope, cause it is tighter than a certain other browser... and after all, and let's be real honest here, the last time MicroSpawn had an original idea was when they came up with........ oh yes, the licensing agreement with IBM and then the clones.

D) See above, plus it is holier than the Pope. (Think about it folks WEG)

A) Firefox

B) It's way more user friendly and infinitely customizable.

C)I tried Opera and Safari for a while and just didn't like them as much. I use IE occasionally when double checking coding on a web site I designed and run.

D) see C.

FireFox It seems to be just a simple browser, thus working faster. And, can do most anything I want. Plus it is not made by Billy.

I find it very interesting that those in the know say Explorer is the prevalent browser, as most everyone I know uses Firefox. I'll probably load this new Google bird, after the kinks are ironed out of it, but not too likely I will use it. My computer is over two years old, and I think the last time Explorer was used was when I installed FireFox the first day. Use Thunderbird as well, but also used to use Netscape, and their email.

I have to go back to check Cuil search as well. I haven't for awhile. Last time I did they had made huge steps over the first day, though it was still far from what they said it was yet. I should give it another try soon.

W

Firefox, here!

Out of the choices, it has the least memory footprint and the fastest speed of any of the competitors. On a 10 year old computer, speed matters to me!

Safari is a HOG when it comes to memory!

Opera is okay. I have tried it. I still prefer FF.

Internet Exploder... We won't even go there!

When using OS-9 I use Camino.

Has anybody tried the new Google browser, "Chrome" yet?

Just came out. Any takers?

Not yet, but then again, that name..... "Chrome".......... *checking via explorer... brb....* Nah, can't be.... the first folder under Mozilla Firefox is called........ 'chrome'. coincidence?? WEG

BTW, the included spellchecker (Australian English... or rather add-on always corrects my spelling of firefox......... see there is is again, Okay ya bugger Firefox..... happy?? Good!!!!

EDIT: well, it ain't perfect.... cause it missed the grammatical errors and wrong words, cause they was spelt rite

Piotr...

Just don't mention Flash, as Worker just loves it, and if you get him started he will be promoting it endlessly!

Sorry folks. Now back to theme thread of browsers. (Dam for some reason that word always makes me sleepy).

W

Yeah G'day.

Just posted a blurb in eBay section.... and this got me to thinking.

A)What browser do you use?

B)Why do you use it?

C)Would you use another if you could?

D)Why?

A) I have all but taken NE off of my computer. I have been using Firefox almost exclusively. However, I downloaded Chrome the other day, and have been using it since.

B) IMHO, Firefox is far superior to NE. I haven't been using Chrome long enough to form an opinion. So far, so good. Chrome seems faster . . .

C) I'll probably wind up using either Firefox or Chrome.

D) For reasons stated above . . .