private messages limit

mailonfurs

Is it possible to raise the limit a bit on private messages? Mine is always full.

Also, is it somehow possible to forward the messages to our personal email somehow so that we can erase them afterwards?

Kostas,

Sorry, but there is no way to forward private messages to email.

I am opposed to increasing the maximum number of private messages per folder as that just encourages members to not cleanup old and obsolete messages. An alternative way of keeping track of a larger than usual number of private messages is to setup additional folders where you can store the excess private messages. On the User Control Panel, in the Private Messages section, look for the Rules, folders, & settings link. On that page you can add, rename, and remove (delete) folders. The message limit for added folders is the same as for the standard 4 folders - currently 50.

Also in the Rules, folders & settings area, you can setup rules that will filter your incoming private messages.

---------------------

A note to ALL members:

Please periodically cleanup your private message folders. Keeping old obsolete messages just adds to database bloat and brings us closer to the time we will have to buy more storage space and in turn seek more and bigger donations from you.

You could create a File Folder for these and transfer them if you wish or need to.

That way you retain the person and information to use later.

OFF

Another option for saving PMs that I did not mention previously is to use the export function at the bottom of the folder contents page to save the messages in either a CSV or XML format to your computer before they are deleted.

Kostas

I do have another idea. Totally different way of sending messages. If I forget to pm you about it please give me a pm to remind me!

Also, if you are having problems of pm's going off the end without your knowing, you can set to not allow new ones until you have cleared the old off. Problem is that it does not allow new ones!

I'll try to get to you with the other idea today.

W