Anatomy of a Malware scam.

wallee

This should be in The Pub, but not as many people make it down there as they do here.

I think it is something everyone should read. It's a little dry with a lot of technical language but you can gloss over the dry bits and still get the idea of the article.

It proves just how inventive and tenacious scammers are becoming.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/22/anatomy_of_a_hack/

If you can't make it through in one shot, bookmark it and read it a little bit at a time. It's worth the effort.

Luckily, we don't get a whole lot of spammers and malware pushers on our site.

I try to keep ahead of the bastages and ban them before they have a chance to post. I see a handful of them during any given week but, if I'm on the ball, I can get rid of them before anybody else even knows about it.

However, every once in a while, one of them squeezes through the cracks. Ya' can't win 'em all... Eh?

If a spammer does find his way onto this site before I can squash him, there is something you guys can do:

Down at the bottom of your screen there is a little icon that says, "Report this Post".

If you click that icon, it sends a message to the moderators/admins and it puts up a big [image]http://thefurden.com/bbden/styles/subsilver2/imageset/icon_topic_reported.gif[/image] on our screen which tells us where the bad post is. The next one of us that comes on the site will be able to remove the offending post.

Worker..

I think you do a bloody marvelous job... and thanks Wallee for the link...

long to read.. but worth it... I am having to give it another read later....there was a lot I missed...

kisses

brandy

xxxxx