ALL members - your help is needed for cleanup...

The new Melody forums (melodyohair.net/bbwool/) were started with a full copy of the Fur Den's database. This was the only easy way to copy all the posts, member profiles, permissions, and other data necessary to setup the new Melody board. As such there was some unnecessary duplication of PMs and message drafts that should be cleaned up.

When you have time, please delete any PMs and message drafts from the board where you do NOT need them (thefurden.com/bbden/ and/or melodyohair.net/bbwool/). Thank you.

I just dumped all my old messages.

Sometimes you just don't realize how many junky, old messages there are until you look!

If I may clarify . . .

I went to my message center in Melody O'Hair, and saw the exact same inbox, outbox, saved and sent messages that are in my Fur Den message center. 90% of my messages pertain to The Fur Den, so I deleted all of those from my Melody O'Hair message center. Those same messages still appear in my Fur Den message center, so I didn't lose them by deleting the same ones in Melody.

If all or most of your messages are to and from members at one web site, please delete those same messages (that either got copied at Melody in the move or remain in The Fur Den) at the other web site. It only takes a few minutes, and it will really help out!

Of course, it does help if you haven't changed your password from then to now *sigh* And have lost all ways of recuperating it *Bigger Sigh*

Knew I shoulda changed it, but then................. manure happens

Mr B,

I think you missed a couple of posts explaining how the Melody forums were split from the Fur Den forums last weekend. All registered members on the Fur Den board as of last Sunday morning are also pre-registered on the new Melody board as Melody was started with a full copy of the Den's database.

I just checked and you have not changed your password this week, so you have the same password on the Melody forums (melodyohair.net) as on these Fur Den forums (thefurden.com).

Yeah... like who's been on the inkahol?? Not me says I as I kicks the bottles under the table

Ya know, it would help if Firefox wasn't so damned good at remembering passwords, and a little program called secure login wasn't so damn easy to set and furget *sigh*

Oh and if I could actually remember easily just WHICH password I was NOW using.

Anyways, all fixed in Melody.... and now onto either bed, shopping or the Library (hey, it is 7.10AM here....)

• 2 months later...