Speak of the devil...

foxkid

That is PETA on eBay ...

I had some message from one of the leading nutcases (in their language 'general counsel to PETA') the other day, because I claimed on a listing several months ago that PETA kill a lot of the animals they have. "the purpose of this letter is to demand an apology for and the immediate removal from any eBay account" I hold.

Apparently I'm supposed to "Upon receipt of this letter, provide me(PETA) with a draft retraction and apology letter for PETA’s comments and approval". WTF kind of cloud cuckoo land do these fools think we live in?

I haven't copy and pasted everything from the letter, amusing as it is, because they claim it's protected by some form of crappy copyright.

Oddly enough, this guy seems to have nothing better to do in life, as he seems to be doing it just about everyone he can find who quotes this fact.

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2008/03/peta-lawyer-jeffrey-s-kerr-is-total.html (That is the same nucase who spoke to me)

And oh, he's a dr/lawyer. Ohhhhh bring it on. I'm pooing myself in a my rabbit fur boxers to quite frank about it.

The best solution is to ignore the idiot.

He has no legal ground to stand on.

If you respond to him he will drag you into a heated discussion about all sorts of esoteric and meaningless points until he finds something he CAN fault you for. Then he will use that one point to make your life miserable.

Don't give him any reason. Just ignore him.

If he continues to harass you then YOU have the upper hand on him!

You will have legal ground to send him a "cease and desist" letter. After which time, he is responsible to obey or face ever increasing levels of discipline, ultimately leading to jail time if he continues to harass you.

But things will never come to that because, you will ignore him.

I've not replied. It looks like the guy goes hunting on the net for people who post the ugly truth about PETA (i.e. facts about the % of animals killed, etc) and he tries to threaten people with the fact he's a lawyer, etc.

If the guy really had a case against you, he wouldn't be threatening you by e-mail. The mailman would show up on your doorstep with a registered letter.

The guy is a kook.