searching the Old Fur Den archive

I have tried to search the "Old Fur Den archive" however, it does not appear in the search menu as a subforum of the new den. I think messages at the fuzzywol site was transferred as a separate forum. My question is how do we search the old fur den?

I'll try to help here. I am not the site tech expert by any means here so bear with me. If my information does not work you may have to wait for Worker 11811 or AKCoyote to help you out.

To search the message from the old Melody Site.

The messages are in our "Archive". Think of that as a totally different site. You will see a link to the Archive up beside Gallery, CoC, Links, etc. Click on Archive.

You will be asked to log in. Follow through the steps. You will need your Username and password, etc. Just the same as on the Den here.

Once you are on, you will see the search area. As you know we have two different "Styles" here and it depends on which style that you use. However, both are on top right of the page in relatively the same place. Just click "Search". I believe on the one "Style" that there are two forms of search and I recommend the "Advanced" form.

Think that should get you there.

OK. AK and/or Worker. Did I do good?

W

There are actually two forums at the Fur Den. There is this one, the "main" Fur Den forum and then there is the "Old Den Archive" forum. It's like there are two separate websites operating under one roof.

(Actually there are 4 or 5 websites but we only deal with 3 of them on a regular basis.)

If you want to search the Old Den Archive you have to log in to the forum that controls it.

Normally, you would be required to complete a License Application form and mail it (with proof of purchase) to our Licensing Department, and then wait the customary four to six months for processing. Luckily, for your convenience, we have, at the last minute and at great expense, installed a remarkable new on-line electronic application form on this very website, which will be processed by our modern 24-hour computer service moments after you fill it in.

You could also click on the link at the top of the forum page that says, "Den Archive."

Or else you could just click here: http://vdsden.thefurden.com/oldden/

Yes, the Archive is a a different board and as such does not use the same table of user-ids and passwords as this the main board. If you were registered at the old Melody O'Hair site and can remember the password you used there, you can login to the Archive.

The problem is one of permissions. We had the Archive board setup so that you needed to login there to have access to the search facility of that board. I changed permissions so that now the Archive's search facility is available without logging in.

Thanks AKCoyote, I had an account at the fuzzyol site but I could not remember the password, but now I can search the old fur den archive. It's a great source of information!

Samurman you bring up a very good point here. There are so many areas here that people often miss. They see the main Den Forum and the Gallery. They forget the other forums, or the different wiki areas like the video or regular links areas for instance. There is a huge inventory of fur video links all in one area. And although we don't have the biggest Gallery, we do have so many superb photos in there. On top of that so many different neat little corners in the Library.

I find you can just "Get lost" in here so easily and relax and spend such "luxurious" times!

W