StyleFrizz.com Discussion FURS

RonGav

KPriss seems to be getting a bit defensive and not so interested in intelligent dialog -- as opposed to pushing her feelings. This in spite of her "tolerent" attitude.

I assume "kpriss" is the writer b/c she said "...in my article...".

I've been thinking of how to counter.

The whole article seems to have an "anti" slant from the beginning. If she is really trying to provoke "creative talk" and be "objectively coherent" as she claims to be why does she use phrases like "...I don't appreciate the violence leading to a natural fur coat." ?

She very much reminds me of the proverbial newscaster who leads off the nightly newscast with a line like, "Is your tap water safe for your children to drink? Stay tuned and find out after these messages!", then the program fades into a commercial for Britta water filters.

At once, she leads off saying, "Why all the fascination around fur coats?" then she suddenly starts prattling on about some very old news about the H.S.U.S. warning people about "raccoon dog" fur trimmed coats.

She doesn't even know what a tanuki really is. She doesn't even seem to know that the H.S.U.S. is a radical organization. Yet she continues on spouting phrases like "dead animal" and "disgraceful" and "unpractical".

This really seems to me like a couched attempt to spread more anti-fur rhetoric than to ask for "...objectively coherent ... creative talk..." like she seems to be saying out front.

By the way:

This writer seems to have access to web server statistics!

Nowhere in ANY of our posts did we mention The Fur Den! But she fairly quickly pegged us as "RonG (and RonG’s den thread friends) ". I have read over all the posts again and again. I don't see anything in our writing that could have been a tip-off.

She has followed us back to the Fur Den! She either followed up on our e-mail addresses or she has used HTTP-referrer information from the server to follow us home.

Be careful with this one! I think she's up to something!

. . . or she has used HTTP-referrer information from the server to follow us home.

That, plus most responders used a version of their Den screen names. Of course, all she would have had to do is visit here and see this thread, and the mystery's over . . .

Yes, but the fact remains that she did follow us back here.

I'm not surprised that she did. I just thought I should point that out.

Worker;

Exactly why I decided to make my posts as "professional" and incontrovertibly informative as I can.

She will know she is not messing with a group of uninformed crazy fur fetishers.

OFF

If she/he had followed it back to this thread, hopefully she will realise that this is a group of intelligent, informed people who generally know what they are talking about, not just a bunch of fetishists as OFF points out.

I do not understand deeper techno stuff about servers etc, but if this person is serious about following this thread to us, hopefully they are interested and intelligent enough to be able to atleast read and hopefully accept all points of view. Whether or not they agree is up to them, but hopefully they will look at all the points of view before jumping to to fore gone 'popular' conclusions.

We should not be forced to hide our views if \we choose not to, although I see the irony that many will hide their views from their partners/loved ones, yet share them with the world hwere. The beauty of anonimity provided by the internet...

xxx

I agree that the USHS is an awful organization, at least one whose agenda is masked from most contributors. It's all very sad how these politically and I guess economically motivated organization set their sites on legitimate businesses and totally distort the truth allcthe way up the information food-chain.

We are not an ignorant group. Quite the contrary -- we are more informed, even-minded and tolerant than most. I welcome KPriss to visit, to read and in the very least, be exposed to other points of views. That's all. Thank the Lord we still have the ability to choose. At least that's what we've been told.

having read all of the posts she received.. I wonder if she wishes she hadn't posted the article at all?

kisses

brandy

xxxx

IF this gal is truly a "PETA fan" I will give her a lot of credit. Yes she came out that way, but she kept her head about it. She did not go off on big rants. She talked rather intelligently at least.

there is though another possibility. Many people think that everyone thinks the way peta does sometimes. not that they agree. But that they just think everyone else thinks that way.

In other words it may be she wrote the original thinking that no one would agree if she was pro fur and she would just generate a lot of unwanted negative feedback. Just maybe she wrote that, slanting that way herself probably, but thinking everyone else was too. And was totally surprised when more pro fur people relplied than anti.

Either way of course is the same in the end. Again, I do give her credit in that she kept the text relatively nice, etc.

She even kept my Anit PeTA/HSUS link " title="Applause" />

That was quite commendable in itself. It was a test by the way

If she were truly PeTA it would have been gone in seconds since that is the most damning link of all.

OFF