Ebay Plus forum messages being deleted after 90 days

I have noticed recently that the "Ebay Plus" forum has an announcement on top stating that messages will be deleted automatically after 90 days. I understand this has to do with the fact that ebay itself deletes listings 90 days after completion, but then, can't we somehow preserve those ebay pages? I always thought of that forum as being more than an announcement board for good deals to be had on ebay. Many times, even though I had run out of credit and had no intention of doing any bidding, I checked out the messages in the ebay forum to increase my knowledge about furs and simply for fun. Personally, I keep an archive of some great furs that I came across on ebay back from 2005 onwards.

What do you think?

This is correct.

We did that because eBay themselves teminate most links after 90 days. So the links will no longer show the item.

OFF

One of the things that we run into of course is that huge numbers of messages like that can take up a lot of room. Since the links are closed, most all messages do not make sense.

No decisions like this are of course fixed in stone. If enough people would like to keep those messages, changes can be made either in lengthening that time out, or ending the policy. If you would like us to make changes there please let us know.

W

samurman,

One of the things I use to do to save eBay listing was to print them in pdf format. This would save the entire page. eBay use to keep listings longer. Now with only 90 days on regular listings, it makes it hard to be sure the links will work. The exception to this is for items that re-list or are in their stores.

We have had to prune several of our forum to keep our site speed up. This mans we have had to sacrifice some things to do this. I love to go back and find old posts on certain issues. Now often I find they are gone. But, having to wait for my post to actually go through drives me crazy!!

Linda