Chat and our front page will return

I just posted a note to a member and began to think that others here might be interested in this.

When we changed to the new PhP format, we knew that Chat would be a problem. However, we also knew that the slowness of that old site was a huge problem! So we decided to speed up the site at the expense of chat.

***Chat will return! It is just that there are not many alternatives developed yet that will work with this new PhP board. We are checking some out though and we hope to have some ideas soon.

We do not know when this will happen, but I caution that it will likely be awhile. So, please be patient.

***As for our front page, it will return as well. It is already almost developed but we need to get some links updated, etc before we bring it back But we are getting close.

We will be back totally. But we just do not have an exact time yet.

White Fox

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
But we just do not have an exact time yet.

I miss the chat area. Do we have an approximate time yet?

In December will I be singing "All I Want Fur Christmas Is My ChatRoom Back"?

I will have to bow on this one to our tech folks.

However, I agree that the chat area is such a nice place. You can talk about anything there and really get to know each other.

W

Chat is low on our priority list but has not been forgotten. The problem is finding a chat solution that integrates with version 3 of phpBB, or can be made to work with our database of registered members. We also do not want to introduce too much additional load on the system as system performance is already an intermittent issue.

At this point I cannot guarantee anything, but I think we might be able to have a chat function available before year end.

It seems so long since I could say,

"How's it going, WF?" "What's new, WorkerDude?"

Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,

if I could only chat live with my FellowFurFiends ...

All I want fur Christmas

is my Furry Chat Room back,

my Furry Chat Room back,

see my Furry Chat Room back.

Gee, if I could only

have my Furry Chat Room back,

then I could wish you (in real time!)

"Merry Christmas!"

The lyrics need a lil work ... But I have several months to polish them ...

Yep, we are working on it!

Part of the problem is that this place has gotten kinda big! A wiki on a forum site is pretty much unknown. We have one of the largest fur links areas on the net. We just opened a whole new concept in sponsors' area. Brandy is the first one to use it. A Gallery with 16,000 fur photos, and most all of exceptional quality. Pretty much every message stored since the Fur area at Melody first came on line. We are indeed kind of a one of a kind place here. And on top of this we have the wool folks as well.

At the moment, we are working on one or two little surprises that may develop into something. And then, with a little bit of time more , more research will be done by internet developers as well on linking chats to this format. I give my word. It will come!

W

There is one alternative chat possibility that is available now. For those who also have an account in the virtual world of Second LIfe, I have a private region where avatars can meet and chat. Both voice and text chat are possible. If interested, contact me via PM for details.