A poll on how you post messages

White Fox

When writing a message, do you use the tabs provided for bold, underline, image, etc.?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When writing a message, do you use the tabs provided for bold, underline, image, etc.?

• Yes, I use the tabs provided to do these things.
    • No, I type in the commands myself not paying attention to the tabs.

Folks, we would like to know how you post your messages. For instance, to post in bolt text, do you manually type out the square brackets with the letter "b", or do you use the tab up top to do it. Similarly for quote, or URL, do you use the tab, or do you write the code out manually.

Feel free to comment here if you wish with a reply.

I try to avoid using the mouse as much as possible. I'd rather type the commands. It's faster, easier and much more efficient.

All my post so far did not use any of the "fancy stuff".

Most helpful is the "one-click-possibility" to post fotos - if one could select from the gallery it would even be better

I think the clickable possibilty is like in an modern test-software. I used emacs and vi as well but like Word or the open version much more.

Zaphod_bee

I selected option #2, but I have, and probably will continue to do, both. I'm still experimenting. In the old system I always typed in the commands. I like being able to select font color with the chart, but don't really like the restrictions on font size in the drop-down.

For as long as I can remember, I have always just typed in the commands myself. For me, it's much faster/easier that way, because I can just keep both my hands on the keyboard without having to move one over to the mouse. Much more efficient (if you know the tags, that is).

Being your basic computer klutz I use my mouse as often as possible.

Never learned command languages since I didn't start using a computer till I was 60

OFF

Never learned command languages since I didn't start using a computer till I was 60

Looks like to me you learned computing skills very well, OFF. Just goes to prove that you can teach an old f##t new tricks - !

Being your basic computer klutz I use my mouse as often as possible.

OFF