New board software - tuning may be needed

AKcoyote

This board is now running with version 3.0.1 of phpBB.

Due to the complexity and differences of this new software compared with what we were previously using, there may be a few bugs in the setup that need to be worked out. If you find anything that appears to not be working correctly, please contact an admin or moderator. Possible problems could include forums that you previously had access to but no longer appear; inability to post in a forum that should be open to you; etc.

For those for whom English is not your first language, you will need to update the Board Preferences in the User Control Panel. Unfortunately the conversion forced all members to English (US). If you do not find your preferred language, please contact an admin so we can see if a language pack is available for your preferred language.

Private messages and your profile are now part of the User Control Panel.

Edited by Guest

Hey AK - great job! I can't believe how fast and (relatively ) smooth the turnover went. You're the best!!! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

FLinFL

Awesome work AK.

thanks for being so fast.

I have a question.

For me, the poster info including avatars is now on the right side of the posts. Is there a way to move it back to the left.

Solved my own problem. I changed board styles.

For me, the poster info including avatars is now on the right side of the posts. Is there a way to move it back to the left.
Yes, it is possible to modify the prosilver style to move the poster info to the left side. I have not looked into that modification as there are bigger problems that need to be worked on.

Congratulations AK. " title="Applause" />

Sure it will take awhile for us to get use to all the new bells and whistles.

L

Might I suggest we create a new "phantom" user account for moderators to practice with new features?

Moderators now have the ability to make notes on users, issue warnings and ban/unban them for any period of time from a day, to a week to permanently.

Regular members have the ability to designate a member as "friend" or "foe", plus there are other new features.

Creating a new account would allow moderators to "beat up on" a user without fear of offending anybody or accidentally deleting anything important.

We (the staff) could all share the password and take turns pretending to be "Johnny the Whipping Boy" for a day or so while the others practice "moderating" him.

What do you think?

We're Baaaacckk

Thanks so much AK and all who did this.

Now I just need to find something to tone down all this damn white and light blue ....... AARRRGGG

OFF

We're Baaaacckk

Thanks so much AK and all who did this.

Now I just need to find something to tone down all this damn white and light blue ....... AARRRGGG

OFF

Where is Esbardu when you need him . . . ?

FrBrGr, remember the day you picked that one. I thought you were Crazy!

Yet, with modifications, I almost used it! You noticed I said Almost!

W

Hi folks,

glad we are back that fast and smooth!

AK you are the man, a big thank you goes to you!

I am as well happy to see all of you folks around here .

Woolly and furry greetings,

Joe Al

Whoaaaa!! Its so cool and blue in here - did someone do a major painting job on the roooommmmmm

Thanks AK - just got to get used to it...... now where is the profiles page for that little bit of customising...hmmmmm

Auzmink

Auzmink,

Your profile, board preferences, and the PM facility are all in the User Control Panel.

This is great! Another forum i frequent just did this same upgrade, and both are spectacular.

Awesome job AK and crew!

Kyle

AK, this is just for your info. I have several times received an error message this week when I tried to do a search under a members profile for their posts. I have twice in the last few minutes today. Just though I'd mention it. No need to reply. The way I remember the error message was, "You cannot not do a search now, please try later."

Linda

Linda,

That would be the load setting that prevents searching if the system utilization is above the setting. I changed the setting, so you should no longer be prevented from searching due to system load.