Fur-lined Gloves

Larve

Where can a person buy chinchilla or rex rabbit fur-lined gloves? This is a wonderful way to enjoy the luxury of fur while not drawing attention to ones self.

we make leather gloves that are lined with lamb fur. I am sure we can make it in rex rabbit or chinchilla for you for a much better price than the one on the link.

One (quite pricey I must admit) possibility is www.minkglove.com; I have two of their four-sided rex rabbit gloves. They are of good quality but high price.

Maybe mailonfurs can produce a full load of fur-lovers fur mittens and gloves for a nice price for us

Zaphod_bee

I would recommend using rex rabbit or chinchilla rabbit (AKA: "Chin-rabbit".) for anything worn close to the skin, especially the hands.

The fur will pick up dirt and oil from your hands very quickly, even if you have clean hands. Besides, unless you are outdoors in very cold weather, your hands will perspire and the fur will get all "mucky".

Chinchilla just won't hold up under that kind of abuse and, besides, it's SO expensive! Chin-rabbit is a whole lot cheaper and it will last longer. When you're plopping down that kind of cash for some fur you will want something that you can get your money's worth out of.

It's very hard to tell the difference between a good quality chin-rabbit and genuine chinchilla unless you know your furs. Most people who don't know a whole lot about fur would have a hard time telling a good quality rex rabbit apart from a real chinchilla.

Rex rabbit is often dyed to look like genuine chinchilla. Unless you gave the secret away, I bet you a dollar nobody would ever know the difference.

If you don't already know, "Mailonfurs" (Kostas) is a professional furrier and he is one of our site sponsors. If you really need to know about making this kind of fur item, Kostas would be one of the people at the top of my list.

On my short list for next winter is a pair of sheared fur mittens with a longer haired fur outside. Like Mink or other more rugged fur.

This makes for a very warm hands situation over gloves.

The sheared fur [beaver, Otter or Fur Seal] is much warmer than Wabbit's.

OFF

The sheared fur [beaver, Otter or Fur Seal] is much warmer than Wabbit's.

What he said!

I'm changing my mind! Sheared beaver!

Forget the wabbit! I want sheared beaver now!

Another possibility for a mitten lining is muskrat (un-sheared). Not as soft as sheared beaver or sheared fur seal, but not bad and much cheaper.

http://www.gloves-online.com/proddetail.php?prod=LM-9845-BK-CH#

These are the only chinchilla-lined men's gloves I've run across. They are a tad pricey ... And I've wondered about longevity/durability (given chinchilla's status as one of the more fragile furs) ... But I must admit I have been tempted to buy a pair anyway.

I was also put off buying those because of chinchilla's fragile nature. My wife has some black leather gloves with a chinchilla trim and they shed ocassionally. I opted for their rabbit lined ones instead, which are plenty warm enough for down here.

Hi,

Today I tried to get to minkglove.com the serviers could not resolve the address. May be its down for the summer. Today my furs went into storage 18 items were on the recipt. They were all coats and jackets.

There have been several network and router problems around the internet recently. I have noticed several sites reporting problems. If a site is accessible or not may depend on the route attempted between your computer and the site's server. While the internet was designed to be self-healing with automatic re-routing when needed, that seldom works. Most backbone routers are setup with only one possible path between point A and point B. If that path fails, there is no way to get from point A to point B even if routing from A to AA to B would work.

I do know that Global Crossing (one of the "Big Boys" of the internet) had a major fiber cut somewhere in Michigan but that was last week. (April 24)

They were supposed to be routing around that problem but it SHOULD have been fixed already.

The Internet Storm Center is reading "Condition Green" right now so there ought to be smooth sailing today, as far as the internet goes.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.gloves-online.com/proddetail.php?prod=LM-9845-BK-CH#

These are the only chinchilla-lined men's gloves I've run across. They are a tad pricey ... And I've wondered about longevity/durability (given chinchilla's status as one of the more fragile furs) ... But I must admit I have been tempted to buy a pair anyway.

I was really surprised to see these gloves! I have owned (and still do) leather gloves lined with rabbit fur, and all of them have only one bad thing in common. The fur doesn't last very long. I'll get two, three tops, seasons out of them before all the fur is worn down to nothing. And that's with rabbit fur! Chinchilla is so fragile, Id be surprised if it lasted even one season. Of course, if one can afford to pay $280 for a pair of gloves, then what does it matter?

I have a pair of blue fox mittens, lined with sheared raccoon. That's the first time I have ever encountered sheared raccoon. It's warm, durable - and soft. Very compatible with the blue fox.

When durability is important AS well as price, I can only advise rex rabbit - it´s soft and durable.

I have one pair line inside and outside with white rex rabbit - but they are a bit too bulky to be weared outside.

But they are SOOO soft

Zaphod_bee