On A Lighter Note ... Ain't The Internet Great?

JGalanos

I love the internet ... It is such a great resource. I have trouble remembering the "dark ages" before I had net access -- And could order airline tickets myself (and choose my seats), transfer funds between savings and checking 24/7, meet folks with similar interests from around the world, and a host of other amazing things that I typically take for granted on a daily basis.

As an example of the resourcefulness of the net, I missed the 8 minute special summarizing the first three seasons of Battlestar Galactica (prepping the audience for the fourth and final season) on SCIFI last week. It was available on SCIFI.com ... But the link did not work. So I tried youtube ... And lo and behold found the special episode there.

Did I mention I love the internet?

Here is one for you. Anyone know what KV5 is? It is the more or less technical term for the second latest tomb in the Egyptian Valley of the Kings to be discovered. The thing is monsterous. Kind of like a tiny town under earth would be. It is the tomb of the Sons of one of the Ramses Pharoahs. Remember the movie "Ten Commandments". That is the one. This would have been the tomb of the son that died in that movie, but they have pretty much disproven that story.

Now then, this tomb is being excavated by a team of people, and it seems that the head person is one of the most respected people in Egyptian Archaeology.

Now the kicker. I have contacted the web site for the tomb excavation on four occasions. Three of those I received an answer. And two times that answer came from the head archaeologist. Now THAT is one of the very stunning parts of the net. I know nothing about that sort of thing. Yet received a personal email from this fellow twice.

W