opening multiple links with one click

beepots

Where I work we wrote our own small application to do this for us (it was designed to test web sites). Copy the page of links in, tell it how many to open at once and off it goes. It works with the links that people post here, but not from woolfreaks forum pages (as they don't show the whole URL in the text). It works with your default browser (whatever it is). I might improve it to scan the html properly one day, but for now I have to copy & paste the list of URL's.

Naomi.

Hey, Naomi;

Do you know how to write Firefox extensions?

I've been working on one and I'm just having a hell of a time to get it to work the way I want. I can get the JS to work right and I can generate an XUL package to make the installation file but I can't get the JS to initialize correctly.

If I run the JS separately, under the JS interpreter it works. If I try to put the JS into the XUL package it fails. None of my variables or DOM objects seem to have the right scope. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

If I could get over this hump I could have a neat little extension to share with people.

I put the 'snaplinks' extension on and its fantasatic. Was alerted to it on another site but can thoroughly recommend it.

Auzmink.

Hello Worker_11811

Sorry, I'm a Microsoft developer - desktop systems normally. Although we have a developer that tests systems in various browsers - including Firefox, we don't develop plug-ins for it. Sorry.

Naomi.

Thanks anyway.

Like I said, I can write the Javascript and make it work perfectly but only when run in the Javascript development environment. (Interpreter.) I can also make the installation package and get it to install into Firefox the right way. But when I put the Javascript into the installation package and try to run it, the extension won't work.

I'm trying to write my data back into the Firefox browser window by saving a string to the text box (DOM object) but I keep getting an error. ("Element has no properties.")

I can only think that I am not initializing my code properly and it is not assuming the correct scope. Thus, when I try to write my data back to the object, the thing I'm looking for isn't there because my code isn't looking in the right place.

There is an extension for Firefox that installs a Javascript interpreter directly into the browser so that you can type commands and execute files directly on the browser window. When I do that and execute my file, again it works perfectly.

Somehow, I'm not doing something right but I can't figure out what.

If anybody's got experience in this, send me a message.

T.I.A!