Good Bye

Guest beautifulfurs.com

Sorry to hear of you leaving, mate - you will be sorely missed by us here Just hope that you might come back eventually, if and when you want to, ok?

Hope you'll at least keep in touch with some of the folks here

Farewell

Unclejoe

beautifulfurs;

Sorry to see you back away. I hope that is all it amounts to.

I've always enjoyed your posts and perspective and hope to see them again soon.

OFF

Edited by Guest

Beautifulfurs

if its because of the row as a result of perceptions of anti americanism,

I have put myself in exile as have others in terms of posts generally as a measure to keep the peace. There is therefore no need for you to leave, and I think its sad if you do as you are a very valued member here.

Personally I wasnt even offended by your initial response which I defend your right to post. I thought you asterisked your expletives so didnt see a problem.

I think your site and many of your comments are excellent, and it would be very sad if you leave. You are a massive asset to this place.

I therefore urge you to reconsider.

Until we either have absolute freedom to speak or have a set of guidelines as to what is off limits (as national insult is part of European/commonwealth banter and is not serious so we really dont understand why it causes offence: for example you could say anything at all about our stuffy limey class ridden british old fashioned etc etc and none of us would be upset...as its probably correct anyway!!! )

Arguing is a pastime to everyone in Europe and as for the Aussies...well ask Piotr!!! None of us understand what conversation is unless its arguing so I will cease to post generally until such time as this is understood. So please dont let us cease posting in case we may offend and then you leave anyways! I havent even responded to OFFs outrageously provocative comments about Doctor who!!!!!

So please ....stay.

Sincere apologies for any part I have played in upsetting you.

Touchofsable

I sincerely hope that some others san come forward to prevent other members leaving too in particular Miss Theresa and Tryxie.

Beautifulfurs

I sincerely hope that some others san come forward to prevent other members leaving too in particular Miss Theresa and Tryxie.

Dunno 'bout the rest of you but I'm not going anywhere. Nore should Eric be, or any other.

Families squabble and sh*t happens, it even falls out the sky and gets us, Bad experiences are something we should put behind us and carry on, and try not to repeat them.

So Eric, get ya ass back here Yank and carry on your previous good work. And no more talk of leaving from anyone. OK!

Tryxie

Yes, i agree with Trixie - an analogy of sorts:

I work in an environment that can be very stressful, mainly because people don't do what i advise them to do. Sometimes i find it very annoying. However i have often told myself that if they did everything i said, my job would become very boring. To be honest the disagreements we have is one of the things that make the job stimulating.

However i must always have regard to peoples' feelings and if i am upsetting them not to be persistent but have some empathy towards them.

Of course i can't just give up because i am feeling stressed by what is happening to me.

PS I am not a traffic warden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think having a little time away sometimes can be a help.

Eric you have been a longtime member, and thank you for letting us know. I would have been afraid you were in the hospital again.

Enjoy a vacation. Then you can decide.

Linda

Edited by Guest

Eric, I indeed hate to see you go as well. I truly hope that you will be back soon. You have many friends who will miss you here a great deal.

W

I'll put in my two cents.

Eric, you've been with the den for quite some time. You've become a very valued member here and numerous people enjoy your posts. As was mentioned, you've become an asset to this site. If you leave, there's going to be a big hole in this site.

I truly hope you'll reconsider. Don't let anyone get you down, 'cause then they've won the battle.

Site moderator,

Fox

Eric,

We will miss you Wish you would decide to stay but sometimes you need a break from things for awhile to clear your head and work on things that you find enjoyable. Take care of yourself and if need something let someone here know.

Kevin and Shelley

Families squabble and sh*t happens, it even falls out the sky and gets us, Bad experiences are something we should put behind us and carry on, and try not to repeat them.

That's almost exactly what I was going to say, Tryxie.

How long has this new site been open? A month or two? Melody O'Hair went out of service for a while before this one opened? And, how long was Melody O'Hair open? I don't know? Years?

So, you take a bunch of people who have been comfortable with each other for a long time, split them apart for a while then slam them back together in a new place. Then you toss in a bunch of strangers and give the whole thing a good shake! What do you EXPECT to happen?

A few fights are bound to break out.

Things went along, swimmingly, for a while as people acted polite toward one another then we all got used to our new surroundings. We found out that there are a few things that really ANNOY us about each other! Still, we acted polite just because we didn't want to make waves. After a while, we decide that those "little" things really freakin' peave us off!

Something's got to break loose somewhere! The fur starts to fly. (Pun intended! )

It's just about the same thing that happens when you first shack up with somebody. Everything is hunky dory at first. Then you get peeved off and have a few fights. After a while, hopefully, you iron out your differences. Then you get back to living life.

This is the way people learn to live together. It's a natural thing.

If one person gets upset at the way things happen or at something that is said, they are perfectly free to walk away from the situation... Temporarily or permenantly.

What do I do when my wife really gets on my nerves? I go out to the garage and have a cigarette. That's what I do. I get myself out of the tense situation until my temper cools. Then I go back into the house with a clear mind and cope with the situation.

(Okay... I quit smoking. But that's what I USED to do. It's just an example.)

We can do the same thing here on the internet. We can step out for a virtual smoke... Just don't visit the site for a day or so until our temper cools.

Again, it's a natural, normal thing to do.

[Hops up onto soap box.]

But, what really bugs me is that people threaten each other with pulling out of the site in an effort to manipulate the rest of us. It's childish!

If you don't like something somebody has said to you then take it up with THEM or take it up with a MODERATOR! Don't take it out on the rest of us innocents! It's selfish!

If you no longer want to come here and play with us you are free to leave any time you want. You don't have to annouce it to the world. Just stop posting.

Besides, if you make a public stink about it you might end up burning a bridge. If you ever decide to come back it might be harder to get your foot in the door again.

Just fading into the background noise is the much better tactic!

In my opinion, there is one or, maybe, two people here who should have announced their decision to leave the group. The rest should keep it low key. Anything else is just stirring up trouble.

In closing, I know that, by taking a stand on this, I open myself up to vituperation from others. Go ahead. Flame away at me! No skin off my a$$!

[/steps off soap box and offers it to the next person.]

Its taken long enough for all us 'furlovers' to get to this spot. We thought we were a minority but now we know we are here, and here to stay. Valued members are like gold, so don't go Eric, just 'chill awhile'.

We need all the friends we can get, we also need clear heads.

We've shot ourselves before with silly squabbles - let commonsense prevail.

Auzmink

Eric:

If you need a break, take a break. I agree 100% with Tryxie. Don't think I could have said it better myself. Stuff happens... especially in a family this size!

*Hugs*

Foxy

Just fading into the background noise is the much better tactic!

In my opinion, there is one or, maybe, two people here who should have announced their decision to leave the group. The rest should keep it low key. Anything else is just stirring up trouble.

Worker,

I have noticed your posts since you first came on. Your wisdom and insight is such a contribution to this site. Your comforting PM's have also been so appreciated. Thank you.

For, our silent members, I hope you will someday join us. You are a part of our silent family. We would love to hear your voices as well. Worker is a new member, and he has already made a wonderful addition.

Worker, I actually pointed out your posts to FrBrGr. I was not certain if you had come up on his "radar' yet. He told me , "Oh, yes I have! And, did you notice where he is from?"

As much as this may surprise you, I agree with you. When I decided I could not handle the issues here, I intended to quietly ride off into the sunset.

But, when the wrongful blaming and fighting about my departure started I had to come back. I could not leave a group I loved so, in a situation I felt I was in part to blame.

In doing that, I also had to evaluate my role in what happened. That cannot be done in a day or even two. Anytime there is a major blow up, no one is completely innocent.

Soul searching was needed. But, not just soul searching. I needed to recognize that I must make changes in my behavior and laid out some requirements for me to be a MOD on this wonderful site, the kind it deserves.

In my opinion a MOD should be above being involved in a problem. Airing our problems and attitude is just not acceptable. We do not have that luxury. How can we lead and guide if we are in the "bar fight", so to speak. How can we preach tolerance and civil behavior, and not practice what we preach when we are upset? How can we then expect the membership to? It is so easy to "walk the line" when our emotions are not involved. Your real test of what you are made of is when you are tested. When you are upset. When you want to lash out. When you are hurt.

I am now staying in the background and spending about 20% of the time I spent here before. That will probably continue until I can get my business back on solid footing and know that I can be a MOD here with a reasonable work load.

Now 20% is probably still more than most of you spend here. But, to me, if you say you love something, you will spend time at it. Love without commitment is wasted and cannot last. If you love to garden, you spend time gardening. If you love your children or your spouse, you spend time with them.

If you are a MOD you must follow that commitment with time. There times that we all must take time off to take care of our lives. That is why we have more than one MOD. We each take our turn sharing the work load.

My problem is that with my tragedies I have shared with you, my time here turned into an addiction. I hide here from the pain in my life. I am not longer doing that.

So, when I feel I have something to share I will post. I am here under a hidden online status. But, I am here several times a day. And, I am trying to make at least one post a day. But, if I stay true to this rule, my post maybe too long. I know everyone hates that. Sorry!

And, to the guys who have offered to come help me lick my wounds, Thank you so much! Is this a great group, or what?? Personal sacrifice like that!!

With all my love,

Linda

PS. So, Eric, as I said before, take sometime off. You have a fur family that you are a part of. We will all be here when you have had you rest! And, who knows, maybe we will be a little wiser when you return.

PSS. When I lived in Dubai, I was told this was their way of divorcing. Whether it is true or not, I don't know. But, it seems to be a good idea. You have to say Three times I divorce you before it counts.

So, maybe we should have a new rule on "Quitting". The first one is silently supported, the second we start sending PM's, that last we realize this really is needed and wish them well.

Maybe a time period is required between each?

What do you think?

Maybe AK could approve it with the Admins and add to out C of C!!

Edited by Guest

I understand the need to take a step back now and then, which is why I have been kinda quiet too the last few days. I'll still check in about once a day, but have also limited my time, as Linda has, to make sure I can attend to everything chaotic that is going on at home now.

Everyone needs some breathing room and quiet time now and then, and I think everyone here can understand and allow for that. Each individual contributes something unique to this space and would be missed if absent....

I'm Back..........

Just wanted to thank you all for the support messages and after last night, it all came very clear I need to be here and give my input and my view on things, BUT this time Im not starting any wars and can see the differnce in variation of a theme by various countries.

The Bar Is Open..I'm Back...FOR GOOD!

Eric

Indeed Eric. I have often thought that maybe we should all have to take a manditory break from here now and then. It gives a new outlook on the place and a renewed love for it. It is great to see you back!

W